Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuel Release and Seat Adjustments

59K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Richard 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've been having some problems registering for the Cruze Forum, so maybe someone would know the answer to 2 quick questions.

1. Does the Cruze have a fuel release button, or is it similar to the Malibu where you just push on the fuel door and it opens?

2. Regarding the manual seat adjustment - There are several knobs to fine tune the seats. Does anyone know if you can raise the seat - make it higher?
Which knob would do that?

Sorry about asking Cruze questions on the Malibu forum, but I keep getting a message "no spammers allowed" when I complete the registration process. You have to answer a random question to complete the registration process and maybe I'm not giving the correct answer.

Thanks so much for your assistance. I really like the Cruze, but I miss my Malibu. The Malibu seemed to be a more user friendly car. I was able to figure everything out by myself without even reading the owners manual except for programming the Bluetooth.

See less See more
#2 ·
If you didn't get an owners manual with the car you can find it here
http://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...rship/Manuals and Videos/02_pdf/2k13cruze.pdf

According to page 1-6 it says the large lever on the side of the seat closest to the front of the seat will raise and lower it.

On page 9-49 it says
The tethered fuel cap is behind the
fuel door on the vehicle's passenger
side. To open the fuel door, push the
rearward center edge in and
release. When applied pressure is
removed, the fuel door will spring
partially open.

#3 ·
Thanks so much for sending me an electronic manual. I did get an owners manual with my new Cruze, but I didn't get a chance to read it. I started reading the electronic manual that you sent me. Man, you need a degree in Computer Science to navigate through all of the features in the Cruze. I like the information that's available in the DIC - it tells you battery voltage and fuel used which the 2010 Malibu did not display. And there's other information that's available on the Cruze that wasn't available on the Malibu (You can display a digital speedometer in the DIC, etc.) But it's very cumbersome to navigate through the menus. The switch to navigate through the menus is on the turn signal and it's not lit, so it's hard to find the switch at night.

I found it much easier to navigate through the DIC menus in the Malibu. I don't know if they changed this for 2013, but the 2010 Malibu had a very user friendly information system.

And the My Link system is nice, but again, you have to be very computer literate to get to know the system well.

#4 · (Edited)
Yea I was really amazed at our car too how advanced it seems. Incredible how cars have advanced. I remember I thought it was crazy when I got a car with power steering :D

The 2013 Malibu Eco DIC shows you battery voltage, air pressure in all 4 tires, eco lithium battery (in the trunk) charge and useage, 2 odometers, gas mileage current and average, gas left till empty, digital speedometer, average mph since last reset, oil life, and you can even jump start the car with the battery in the trunk through the DIC. Also displays a compass, gear the car is in and also the gear s when it is shifted manually and lets you know if you try to shift too soon or have it revved too high to shift down. Whew, I think that was everything. It is also accessed through the turn signal stalk, just turn the end to cycle through the different info, there is a button also on the stalk to go to the 2 different menus of car info like battery voltage, air pressure, oil life and then the other menu is the trip info like gas mileage, odometer speedometer etc. You press the other button on the very end for the enter/reset button. I don't think ours is lit either.
Speaking of lit up, does the 2013 Cruze have ambient lighting in it like the Malibu does? The lighting goes across the dash and continues onto the door panels. See below for example

The My Link was incredibly easy to learn I thought, very intuitive and I have seen reviews praising the ease of use.

#7 ·
It seems like the electronic features of the Malibu and Cruze are very similar. I like the digital speedometer. I had an '86 Toronado and '97 Deville and they only had digital speedometers. They had fully digital displays. It's kind of nice that you can use the digital or analog speedometer with the Cruze or Malibu.

Regarding the ambient lighting, the answer is "no". I don't think ambient lighting is available on the Cruze. It looks really nice in the Malibu.

#5 ·
Thank you for taking the time to share the picture of your Malibu all lit up, nutcrunch! That picture is so appealing to say the least.

I’m very happy to read your still enjoying the car.

The way you describe how things have changed, makes me chuckle and the first thing that runs through my head is “Jestons”. LOL

From my family to yours, we hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.