Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SportWing Spoiler

12K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  canadian_bacon 
#1 ·
Just got my Spoiler in the mail from sportwing. It was packaged very well and was easy to install. The paint was high quality and matched perfectly. The site black granite metallic is called carbon flash metallic (gm's new name for it). It is held on by 3M molding tape and comes will paint thinner and adhesion promoter to make sure it sticks well. I just lined it up with the given measurements and put painters tape around the parimeter to note the placement. Took off the tape backing and voila, you're done!

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice no screw holes in the trunk lid. I've been toying with the factory spoiler for mine and just using the tape to hold it on. I really don't want to drill holes in this car. Didn't look like the tape surface area was that large really. It was just regular 3M double sided tape?

#18 ·
I put my factory spoiler on yesterday. Install was horrible because of the screws on the edge. Well worth it though, no worries of it ever coming off in this record heat. Posted a how to in the other forum.

#3 ·
It is 3m molding tape. if you ever have used it you would know that it will never come off. probably would take the paint of if you tried. Gm already uses it for many stock parts.

#8 ·
Looks great!!! I have had mine for a few months now and when installed like the directions said you should have no worries of it falling off. The paint on mine were dead on perfect too, they really do a great job. posted a pick of mine in the white diamond tricoat.....I got the matching rear window one too

Attachments

#10 ·
Yeah I put mine on tonight. Very easy and looks great. Ill get a pic of it and post it. DiamondMali I like the rear window spoiler you got may have to look into one of those. Also are those the in-channel vent visors? I was looking at those...how do you like them? I think they look much better than the ones that stick on over top of the chrome.

#13 ·
I've never had visors until this car. Mine are in-channel as well. When the window is open and you wanna put your arm in the opening it limits the choices of where the hands goes. There's also a little giving up of visibility in corners, but since we're already driving blind from the HUGE front A pillar, what's a little more, eh? .)

Mine are smoked but if I were to do it again I might go with clear just to gain a little visibility through them. But by now I'm used to them so it's a wash.

I had the left rear come loose one day while the window was down. I have some 3M tape so I was able to reinstall it. (It comes with a piece at either end to stick it up inside.) It's still loose in the center where it doesn't have any but it's not any real issue.

I think they look better than the ones that go on the chrome because it doesn't change that feature of the look.

And I use them daily through most of the year. Summer - obvious. Winter - crack the windows a little while driving and it depressurizes the cabin to assist in more airflow through the heater. Win - Win!

#14 ·
Yeah I think they look great...I didnt know how they affected the window operation. Some reviews I saw the window had trouble going up. Sorry to hijack the thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.