Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New drilled and slotted Rotors and brakes

11K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  trotter456@msn.com 
#1 ·
Wussup guys. My rotors have been warped for about 2 weeks now. I'm getting new ones installed Saturday.

I bought from R1 Concepts. I have Eline Zinc plated rotors and ceramic brake pads.
I think I got a good deal on them. I paid 124.00 for everything.
Anyone ever use these brands? And how do you like them?

See less See more
#2 ·
I used the rotors when I had my Grand Prix. They lasted 4 years before I needed to change them.. That's pretty good for not being able to turn down drilled rotors. I never used the brake pads before. I always use EBC Red Stuff Racing Brakes.

#3 ·
Damn 4 years is good. How are the noise on them? And is there a lot of brake dust?

#4 ·
There wasn't any squeaking or noises at all that I remember. If you have to brake hard all of the sudden, you can tell they are drilled and slotted because you hear the grinding on the pads. As for dust, it will depend on your brake pads.. With the brakes I used, the dust wasn't bad at all. My pads lasted as long as my rotors

#5 ·
Ok cool. I'm happy with it. Can't wait to get them put on.

#7 ·
No prob buddy. I'm off work at 230 I'm going to chevy at 330 and when they are on I will put them right on for you guys

#8 ·
Before

#9 ·
After. Sorry my wheels r dirty ill get some better shots tomorrow

#13 ·
Yes they are great. They look good stop good. Barely any dust. And they are quiet!

#16 ·
Thanks y'all.

#17 ·
these are dope!!

I will deff be getting these for my show car build!

#18 ·
Thanks! They do look good

#19 ·
I mightttt look into the 2 tone premium ones lol. I like how they look black from some angles.

#20 ·
Yea those are sick! I was going to get them but my money wasn't right at the moment lol

#21 ·
haha know that feeling. I just need to start pulling the trigger on parts or I won't finish my bu for the show :( lol

#22 ·
It will come together sooner or later

#23 ·
Hey man.....where did you order from? I originally wanted the black ones but at 215$ for front and 260$ for back I can't see myself spending 450+

#24 ·
I ordered from eBay. Seller is R1concepts. Or go to their website r1concepts.com

#25 ·
#26 ·
Those are sick! Just keep in mind they don't stay black! Once you brake the face will be silver and the sides and holes will still be black. Just any where the brake touched will turn silver. Also make sure you read the customer reviews. This way they can tell you if they are happy with their purchase or if they made noise or something.

#27 ·
hmmmm if they don't stay black I'm not seeing a point in spending all that for those. I could just get the ones you got for 120$? lol

#28 ·
Lol. Yea it will be pretty much the same lol. Just the drilled holes and slots will be black lol. But you still have a good deal there. I only purchased the front for 120. The ones you showed me are for a set of 4. Front and back

#29 ·
ahhhh ok I thought you did all 4 for 120 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.