Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Insurance Co wants Pictures of my new car

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  nutcrunch 
#1 ·
I just got a notice from the insurance company that they want pictures of my new car. I never got this request before when i got other new cars. I asked my dealership and they said a copy of the window sticker should be fine. I was never asked for pictures of a new car, but I have been asked for a copy of the window sticker - basically to see the features the car has so they can assess the insurance. By the way, the insurance on my Cruze was only $35 less per year than my Malibu even though the Cruze was about $5,000 - $6,000 less than the Malibu. The Cruze is a top saftey pick just as the Malibu is. I have to make sure they're giving me credit for all the saftey features the Cruze has, etc.

It could also be due to all of the claims the insurance company had to pay out due to the storm. 250,000 to 300,000 cars were lost due to the storm. That's a lot of $$$'s. There are still brand new destroyed cars littering my neighborhood due to the storm.

#2 ·
They probably wanted to see pics of it like I do. ;)

I know this is a Malibu forum and you have a Cruze but still, post some pics up, especially the interior. I'd love to see it. You could post them in the Other Rides section.

#3 ·
I few years ago when I changed auto insurance companies, new insurance company wanted a photo of the vehicle. The agent went out and took the photo when I went in to sign the paperwork.

Your story is the first time I ever heard of a photo required on a vehicle purchased directly from a dealer.

Did you or your dealer file the paperwork with the insurance company?

#4 ·
I can see if they want pictures of a car with accessories installed but a stock vehicle? They can just go on the internet specifically the Chevrolet site and get a picture. There won't be any difference.

#12 ·
Never had an insurance company ask for a pic of my car either. A couple wanted pictures of me but I told them I charge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.