Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel wheels

11K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  SeparateMass 
#1 ·
Hey gang, anyone have a source for realisticlly priced 17 in. steel wheels?
$150 avg. price for one is insane, a total rip off. I can buy mags for less.
I'm just looking for a set for to mount snows on.
J yard wheels are not a option yet as I've been down the JY bent wheel path before.
TIA
John

#4 ·
Unfortunately, all OEM wheels will cost more than aftermarket alloys, whether they are steel or not. I have a set I would sell but im not giving them away either!

#6 ·
I'm just doing 2 snows on the front, no need for 4 all around, with the price of tires nowadays at least I'll get a couple winter out of the snows.

#7 ·
Contrary to popular belief, you should NEVER install only 2 tires on the front of a vehicle. If you are only doing 2 they should go on the rear. The reason is for stability. If the front grab much better and your rears slide out, your rear end will slide out in front of you. Every tire manufacture an the rubber manufactures association sugget this. Just an FYI!

#13 ·
Hmm, that kind of makes me mad, so they "normally" mark them up a billion percent at retail pricing? Lol. Man they are raping people.

#14 ·
They have huge mark up on parts. Because I visit them fairly regularly they often quote me a price that is comparable to online, and then "wow me" with what they will sell it to me for. Its a game, and sometimes I'll get a parts guy that won't give me the lower price so then I go up to my salesman and have him come down to let the guy know that yest I bought a car here and they make enough money off of me already.

I knew the steel wheels where a steal (sorry had to). Thats why I bought them back in march and have had them sitting in my living room, have to get some rubber on them soon though, but like I said the dealer first quoted me about $1300 and the price that they wrote down was about $900.

#20 ·
I think that has a lot to do with the market for them. Most people carry two set of wheels, ie. I have my 18 chrome techs and then the 17" steelies with winters on them, likely selling a lot more here.

#25 ·
Even if you could have bent the wheel straight, it would still have been out of round, meaning it would never be a smooth ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.