Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My 2012 LT vs 2010 Accord Coupe

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Lessy2009 
#1 ·
I had a CEL code for exhaust cam sensor thingy and dropped my car off at the dealer. They gave me a 2010 (36K miles) Honda Accord coupe to drive for two days while they fixed my car.

Not to offend Honda lovers, but this car sucked! Noisy, no power, steered like a truck, stereo was so so. No rearward vision. I could go on.

I was so glad to get my car back. It was fixed with no other issues.

Honda? No thanks.

#2 ·
I'm surprised you disliked it that much. I knew Accords were noisy inside, but I'm surprised you hated the power and steering. They have like 190 hp and would probably make the 4-cylinder Malibu feel pretty sluggish. Maybe the electric steering feel put you off compared to the Malibu V6's more natural feeling hydraulic set up.

#3 ·
My step daughter has an 09 Accord and it is actually a pretty nice car. It has the V6 and leather and is very roomy but yea I prefer our 13 Malibu over it too.

#6 ·
As an ex-Accord owner (7th gen sedan), it is true, Honda's are known for their lack of road noise insulation. But they have a terrific suspension setup. Much better than our noisy Epsilon setup.

I also was disappointed with the 8th gen base (LX) Accord's stereo. Horrible.

But, the Honda 2.4L is a gem of an engine that puts out adequate power. No, it's not going to win any quarter mile drags, but it will scoot faster than our GM 2.4Ls. :p

I miss my 7th gen, it was one of the best (besides my Aura) cars I've owned, and that includes Nissan, Toyota, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Hyundai, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.