Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My Link System

18K views 29 replies 6 participants last post by  mzodarg 
#1 ·
Just wanted to know if anyone knows the features of the My Link System. What does it offer?

#2 ·
Check out this site and your owners manual.
https://www.myconnectedradio.com/web/chevrolet/home

The Mylink in our car has bluetooth audio and it also has Pandora and Stitcher apps on screen when the phone is connected to the car via the usb cable.

If you have navigation these apps and bluetooth audio were not available early on but I'm not sure if that has changed. You can tell if you have the apps, they will be onscreen but greyed out until the phone is plugged in.
It also has Gracenote which will try to identify your music and present coverart on the touchscreen.
You can also control the radio with various voice commands for example "play artist Jason Aldean"

Those are a few things you can do.

#3 ·
I just went to the link I gave you and selected the 2013 Cruze and I see this under the XM section

SiriusXM Travel Link

New for 2013 and available with an active SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription, Travel Link® is a suite of services designed to enhance and streamline the time you spend on the road. Completely integrated into your MyLink system, Travel Link delivers continuously updated information about weather, nearby fuel prices, and movie theater listings and start times in your immediate area. Once you start your vehicle, Travel Link information will arrive a few minutes later and will be updated while you drive. Just press the weather, fuel, or movie icons on your MyLink touch screen for Travel Link access. SiriusXM TravelLink is offered as part of the standard SiriusXM Satellite Radio 90-day trial period.

Tune Select

For 2013, MyLink adds the Tune Select feature to your active SiriusXM subscription. Tune Select lets you set alerts for your favorite artists or songs and will let you know whenever that artist or song is played—on any SiriusXM channel! Just press "Menu" once you're tuned to SiriusXM and set Tune Select alerts for your favorites.

Also I see a picture viewer is an option so you can view pics off your phone or ipod.

If I select the 2013 Malibu Eco it doesn't say anything about those things so it sounds like you can do even more on the Cruze. Damn I wish we had those options too they sound pretty cool. If I select 2013 Malibu (not Eco) it shows those same options.
I'd be interested to know if you can in fact do all of those things on your radio.

#6 ·
Is one of the menu items on the 7 inch touch screen (My Link) traffic conditions? I thought I saw it when I was going through the menu items a couple of days ago. I was stuck in heavy traffic last night and I looked for the traffic report selection and I couldn't find it.

#10 ·
Yea according to the manual and online it says it should have traffic, weather and even show you movie times at a theater near you.
It says it is $1.99 extra a month through Sirius XM but you should have a 3 month trial so it should be activated and free, if not call the dealer up and ask why it isn't.

Your radio does sound more complicated than the one we have, but I'd love to have those other options.

#11 · (Edited)
Have a new 2013 Malibu 1LT with Sirius XM and, according to the Sirius rep, also have the "travel" feature (at least for the trial period). Sirius Rep said to look in the owner's manual to see how to get the travel info up; owner's manual does not address it. Looked at the site Nutcruncher mentioned; looks like maybe it should be on the touch screen, but it is definitely not visibily identifiable on mine. HELP!! Would at least like to try it!

Edit: Or is it that I do not have the navigation package? Which I believe I do not. Perhaps the navigation package is necessary as a precursor to getting Sirius XM travel features to work. Don't know, so would like an answer to that, too.

Thanks!

#12 ·
According to the Chevrolet website, the travel feature requires the MyLink/Navigation package which appears not even to be an option on a 1LT. (Sorry.) 2LT and up have the MyLink/Nav option for $795.

http://www.chevrolet.com/culture/article/siriusxm-satellite-radio.html

"All customers who buy or lease a new SiriusXM satellite radio-equipped Chevrolet are eligible to receive a 3-month trial† of the XM Premier package, plus NavTraffic, Local Forecast and Travel Link in properly equipped vehicles. Service availability varies by vehicle make and model, and requires MyLink radio system.

"Travel Link®† is a suite of services that brings a wealth of information right to your compatible vehicle navigation system."

Scroll down to and browse these tabs for further information:
SIRIUSXM
NAVTRAFFIC
LOCAL FORECAST
TRAVEL LINK

#13 · (Edited)
This may or may not help but, I bought a new Garmin 2595 gps this weekend and it is able to use bluetooth to connect to your Android phone and an app you download to show you weather, fuel prices, traffic cameras etc. You can see more about it here
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.garmin.android.apps.phonelink&hl=en

Unfortunately they don't have an app for the iphone, which I have, or I'd get it and try it out.

Love the new gps and if you need one I highly recommend the 2595LMT. I like the fact that with the My Link system I could use voice commands for phone calls, radio commands and now thanks to Garmin I can use them for navigation too. :)
Now they just need to update the My Link system so I can tell it I am hot or cold and it can ask me what temp I want it to be and it can change the temperature for me. :D

Edit: After looking at some reviews of the Smartlink app it looks like they need to do some work on it.

#14 ·
Thanks Rayle and Nutcrunch! Was beginning to expect that that was the case; another of those "properly equipped" things that sneak up! I am not heartbroken; just thought it was available to try out. And I will remember the Garmin in case the idea gains more appeal. Just to use to traveling with a road atlas to give that up easily for one of these new fangled modern things!

#15 ·
I don't know why but my favorite toys are GPS devices.
We now have 4 Garmin devices.

C550 Street Pilot (our first GPS) old but still nice.
Zumo 450 for the Harley
Garminfone (really nice but screen is too small) GPS always worked great but android phone part sucked. Replaced by an iphone.
2595LMT

We don't even travel much at all but these devices fascinate me and I love using them.

#18 ·
That's really odd. The XM description of the travel link option says
Travel Link, a suite of services designed to enhance the time spent in your car, brings a wealth of useful information into your vehicle and right to your compatible vehicle navigation system.
http://www.siriusxm.com/travellink

#20 ·
Yea but you would figure you need a gps to let it know what area you are in. Maybe the radios do have a gps chip in them just not the software for the navigation.

#21 ·
Nutcrunch-I am also a GPS fanatic. I have a Garmin 1450T ( for my harley) 1490T (my Truck) and a nuvi 2555lmt (I keep in the Malibu even though I have Nav) I also have an IPAD with a Tom Tom App. I think I have an obsession.

IMHO Garmin's GUI is by far the most intuitive and all of mine are free lifetime map updates. I'm concerned about the Built in Nav in the Bu and the map updates, makes me wonder if that's why they got rid of the SD card, so it can be a charged update.

#22 ·
I am betting it can be updated via the USB port mzodarg.

All of ours have lifetime map updates except the Zumo one on the Harley. I bought it used off of a guy on another forum and just haven't ever gotten around to getting the updates. I am glad it has mp3 playback on it so I can listen to music while I ride. I do have to war earbuds on it but I use Skullcandy Ink'd buds and I can hear the music fine even at 70mph on the highway with no windshield and loud pipes.

#25 · (Edited)
That navigation looks really nice on there.

Here is my ride
07 Street Bob

I'm more into the stripped down look which kind of hurt me to put the GPS on there but like I said I love those damn things. I do have a windshield and a more comfy Mustang seat for it but I rarely use them, mainly for iron butt rides which I've done more than a few of. Got a few Saddlesore 1000s, a Bunburner 1500 and a Saddlesore 2000 under my belt. I've been wanting to try a Bunburner Gold 1500 mile ride in 24 hours. From here to about Weatherford OK would be a good one. If I ever do it I'll let you know and maybe meet up for a beer or something. Maybe some Mexican food or a Del Rancho chicken fried steak sandwich to go with it too. ;)

#26 ·
Nice looking Dyna- are those Big shot staggers? Your seat pictured looks like a C&C or Lepara seat. I have the C&C solo on mine (pictured).

Nav seems to be ok, I'll know more once I hit the rode. Trying to not have as much windsheild time for work this year. In seven months I put 14K on my ECO (Ft Eustis, VA too often). I can't fly due to an eye condition so I have to drive.

Tre'

#27 ·
They are the Short Shots pipes and it is a Le Pera Barebones seat. Barebones name fits it perfect. I love the low look to it but it is hard to ride past 100 miles or so before having to get off for a bit. The Mustang seat I can ride all day on but I don't like how it sits me up higher and it is a wider seat too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.