Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aftermarket Powered Subwoofer

22K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  rw01513 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the pinouts or know of a wiring harness adapter so that I could easily mount a powered sub in the trunk. I drove a 2SA with the Pioneer and it was nice but mine sounds pretty good with the stock MyLink system. I just want to fill out the bass a little.

Thanks...

#2 · (Edited)
#4 ·
You don't need that thing Casper linked to. All you need is a powered subwoofer like this one for example.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Basslink-200-Watt-10-Inch-Subwoofer/dp/B000063TJY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359401112&sr=8-1&keywords=infinity+powered+sub[/ame]

I have also been wanting to add a powered sub to our Malibu and that is one I have been looking at although i admit I'm not sure which one would be the best bang for the buck.

#5 · (Edited)
The 6x9s in the back are used for subs in the 13s with the pioneer system.So far I've upgraded mine to alpine 6x9s and my wife said there fine but to me it needs a little more punch.My next step is to pump a little more power to just the 6x9s,I already have got the adjustable adapters to go from the high power output to RCA low power input on an amp and have a nice Jensen amp I have used before on subs so that's my next step for my upgrade.Another thing is when putting in the Aplines i had to use a 1/4 inch spacer that wa with the speakers to make them sit down in the factory holes without cutting anything.

Attachments

#7 ·
If i didn't have the eco i would be putting an Alpine type R 12in with a HiFonics amp in the truck but with the eco trunk space is limited as it is so the Jensen powering the 6x9s is what I'm going to try first.If that don't give it the punch i'm looking for it looks like I will have to build an enclosure to fit on the shelf behind the seat of the eco and eat up some storage space.

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)
#12 ·
We are talking about 2013 malibus here. It might be the same as your 2009 or it might not be. Are you sure you are talking about the 2013?

#11 ·
ok...i dont need a line converter. the amp i showed already has high line inputs(aka no need for converters..witch have been known to be shitty for sub setups) All I need is to run my 4 gauge power wire through the firewall, find a 12v signal (acc, remote from stereo...something that powers up with the car) And tap into the rear speakers....if they are bi amped(i didnt notice when i looked) i will tie into the low side and set my amp on full....no problem

#13 ·
The Jensen amp I will be putting in also has the high inputs so no need for converters here either and from what i have found out the rears are not BI AMPED on the pioneers like they were on the old Bose systems.

#14 ·
It looks like the easiest way to run the power wire is up into the plastic piece under the hood then across to the passenger side, drill through the fire wall the under the trim and carpet to the back....If anyone has any input let me know

#15 ·
Pretty much that's what I did for the power wire and tapped in for remote in fuse box.

Attachments

#17 ·
Sure but not for a bit car is back in Virginia and won't be back till end of this month now.I'll be going up there in a couple weeks but not sure if I'll have time to do it then but will when it gets back here.....For the remote I tapped into the fuse that controls the power output plugs.On the 13 there switched with the key so it makes it perfect for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.