Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

camshaft position sensor

66K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  rluck9277 
#1 ·
2009 Malibu, 4 cyc. Check light reported P0010 malf. Replaced sensor still have problem. Is there 2 cam shaft senors on this engine, and if so where might it be located on engine. Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
#5 ·
You will be ok if you still under the bumper to bumper warranty. But it isn't covered under the powertrain warranty. I had the same code, it is the sensor that controls the VVT function of the camshafts. There are two, one for the intake cam, and one for the exhaust cam. They are located under the engine cover on top of the camshaft cover on the left side of the engine. There are 2 right next to each other.

Anyways when I had my code I took it to a dealer expecting it to be covered under the powertrain warranty (I was well over 36,000 at the time) and it wasn't. They wanted to charge me something like $260 to install it. The sensor was only $55, so I bought it and installed it my self. It was very simple, and took me like 15 minutes to install it.

From what I gathered from the dealership, the powertrain warranty only covers the mechanical aspects of the engine and transmissions, electrical sensors are not covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.