Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problems with Mylink Radio

24K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  nutcrunch 
#1 ·
I love the Mylink setup in my car but lately I've been having issues when connecting my iPod and also pandora

Sometimes it won't play the song, it pauses on its own and won't play once it does and the thing it does most now is shows its playing the song but no sound comes out.

Has anyone else experienced issues like this? Do you know if the dealer can update or reflash the radio?

#2 ·
Yes I have had that happen with blue tooth audio.
I even have a brand new blue tooth Kenwood stereo in my truck and that has happened in it too.

Don't use Pandora a lot but when I did that didn't happen with it.

#3 ·
Many of my issues surrounding streaming BT (Google Play, Pandora, etc.) were that my device wasn't streaming very well and I would get the same thing. I don't think it's necessarily a MyLink issue, could just device (YOUR device) connectivity. Though, it still doesn't recognize my 12K+ songs on my iPod.

#4 ·
I've lost count on glitches. But I'm willing to give em a chance with software updates.

I could totally see modifying it with an iPad mini w/4g. All my music, turn by turn directions and all free minus data. Still cheaper than XM/OnStar subscription.

#5 ·
How much a month is the 4G for the ipad?
For directions get a Garmin GPS with lifetime maps and traffic. Pay once and be done, no monthly charges.

#6 ·
I believe it's 20/mo and that with LTE.

This is a dream, I'm not going out, buying an iPad to make as a head ... Yet.

I just use my smartphone over Bluetooth. It has LTE (blistering speed!) as I have unlimited data. It does what MyLink does and more. The only reason the iPad mini looks good is that it has LTE and would be the ultimate killer app and it'd fit properly over they link screen so hopefully there'd be very little hacking and MyLink would be useable still.

I have all my music on it, Spotify, voice recognition every bit as good and probably better than MyLink.

Maps, google earth, tune in radio, etc etc.

Of course my iPhone 5 has all of this and I've taken to using it with Bluetooth as it is as all sounds and apps on the phone work perfectly, including the maps apps of which thre are many. Apples in-built, a very good Google Maps, Intrix (it's amazing if you look it up it gives ya drive times, best time to leave based on congestion and police, accidents on route, and events near by that one may wish to avoid.

Again this is all available on most smartphones and all iPhones and I'm already paying for unlimited everything including data for my iPhone. The mini iPad would just be slick.

Oh, I also love the free app Glympse.

Anyway. I was only thinking. Unless when I take my car in they fix a few things with an update to MyLink. :)

Just a-dreamin.

#10 ·
You did scroll through the home screens right? Did you see the Pandora app but it was just greyed out?
What kind of phone do you have? You need to have the Pandora app on your phone, that is actually what is connecting to Pandora via the internet. If you have an iphone you need to plug it into the vehicle in order for the Pandora app button to be active. If you have an Android phone you can do it via Bluetooth.

#11 ·
Hey Cecilia,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern with your Traverse. Nutcrunch is correct, we will need to make sure your app is just not grayed out on your screen. Have you had a chance to contact our Infotainment team? They can be reached at 855-478-7767. If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

#13 ·
I have a 2016 Chevy Tahoe with MyLink and a iPhone 5S. Originally, when I made a hands-free phone call using MyLink and my iPhone and ended the call, I would return to the XM station I was listening to prior to the call. Recently, when I end the call, my iPhone music starts up. I have to select the station I want under Radio to return to the station I was listening to prior to the call. Has anyone else experienced this?

#14 ·
Yes this is happening to many others EWhite. The problem started with ios 9.2
Hopefully Apple will fix this soon, it is very annoying.

#15 ·
Hopefully some good news.
I saw on the internet that some people are saying the ios 9.3 beta 2 update has fixed the problem with the Mylink system not going back to the last source used after using Siri or making/receiving a call or text message.
I also saw some said that GM has released a Service Bulletin (#16-NA-011) on January 19th saying that this is Apple's problem and that Apple is working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.