MORE problems?! - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
alexandramd22
CMF Rookie Member
2010 Malibu LS
Onyx

Gallery: 0
Default MORE problems?!

Hi everyone! Thanks in advance for reading this post.

I got my certified pre-owned 2010 Chevy Malibu LS (24k miles) August of this year. Three weeks after getting the car, my air conditioner randomly stopped working and about 5 minutes later I noticed I couldn't accelerate past 50mph and suddenly lost all power to the car and was stranded on the side of the busiest highway in New York.

After about a month in the shop, I found they had to replace my battery, transmission, and even had to put in a brand new engine. (This seems like a lot of new parts for a two-year-old car, right?)

Anyway, no problems with the car (until a 17 year old girl decided to rear-end me, but that's a different story). BUT- I just got a letter in the mail saying there's a recall on the transmission and I need to go in to make an appointment. Is this something I have to worry about since I just got a new transmission a couple months ago? I'm just fed up with all these problems!
alexandramd22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
Silenze
CMF Senior Member
2012 Malibu 1LT
Silver / Titanium

Default Re: MORE problems?!

only your dealer would know if you need the recall work done. Give them a call. They know the details about your new transmission.

-SiLenZe- Mods: cabin air filter
Silenze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 11:49 PM   #3
greenman
ASE Certified Technician

Recall is on the shifter cable not the tranny. Just make a mental note to stop by the dealer & have it inspected sometime. Shouldn't take but a few minutes. Then you'll know for sure & they can clear your car from the recall list.
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Verified Chevy Representatives

@alexandramd22, I recommend getting the vehicle into the dealership for the recall just to be on the safe side. The personnel in the service department will be able to let you know if this needs to be done on your vehicle or if they already did it when they replaced the transmission.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

Available Monday-Friday

Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.