My Beautiful 2010 LT2 is gone - Page 2 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #11
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Gallery: 0
Default Re: My Beautiful 2010 LT2 is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayle View Post
Richard, I'm glad to hear you and your family are okay. I can't imagine what you've been through and all of your losses. Best wishes.
Yes, we've been throught quite a bit. Thanks for your best wishes.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #12
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Thanks so much. I really appreciate that. I did get a chance to do some driving today and the Cruze drives completely different than the Malibu. The steering was much firmer on the Malibu (it had Electronic PS), I liked the brakes on the Malibu, much "mushier" on the Cruze. The ride on the Cruze seems softer. I had the 4 cylinder on the Malibu and the pickup from a dead stop was excellent. I have the upgraded TurboCharged engine on the Cruze and the pickup doesn't seem to be as good. But I have a total of 25 miles on the car, so that may change.

I got some nice extras with the Cruze. I like the 7 inch touchscreen with My Link. Some nice features there like 5 day weather forecasts, traffic info, etc. I also like the rearview camera which is something I always said the Malibu needed desparately. Also have remote start and Bluetooth which I had on the Malibu.

Anyone know what else the My Link does? Haven't had a chance to read the manual yet.

Also, I know this is not a Cruze forum. I didn't register there yet. But does anyone happen to know where the trunk release is for the Cruze? I just can't find it. I've been using the release on the key.
You have weather forecasts and traffic on the My Link? Is that through XM radio or is it graphically shown on the touchscreen? We have the Mylink system on our Malibu but the only weather and traffic is through XM radio and it is basically useless since it doesn't cover the area we live in.

Not sure about the trunk release on the Cruze but the Malibu has a button on the trunk lid on the right side of the third brake light. Whenever the car is unlocked you can just push that button to open the trunk.
You can see it if you look close in this pic, make sure you click to enlarge the picture.

Edit: I just saw this was posted in April 2012 on the Cruze Talk forum
Quote:
The reason there is no trunk release button inside the car is because there's a trunk release button on the trunk. It's located right where the license plate lights are. Reach under chrome trunk accent and give it a press. (one of the sales people at the dealer wasn't aware of this). Note the trunk will not open unless the doors are unlocked and the car is in park.

2013 Malibu ECO 1SA PCN pkg
White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint

Last edited by nutcrunch; 11-18-2012 at 07:12 PM.
nutcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 04:55 AM   #13
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrunch View Post
You have weather forecasts and traffic on the My Link? Is that through XM radio or is it graphically shown on the touchscreen? We have the Mylink system on our Malibu but the only weather and traffic is through XM radio and it is basically useless since it doesn't cover the area we live in.

Not sure about the trunk release on the Cruze but the Malibu has a button on the trunk lid on the right side of the third brake light. Whenever the car is unlocked you can just push that button to open the trunk.
You can see it if you look close in this pic, make sure you click to enlarge the picture.

Edit: I just saw this was posted in April 2012 on the Cruze Talk forum
Thanks for the info on the trunk release. I was so used to the Malibu I knew where every button was. I found the Malibu to be a lot more user friendly as far as figuring things out without even reading the manual. Even the power door locks are not located on the doors, they located it on the center console. I guess they eliminated a power lock switch since both the driver and passenger can share the same switch.

But I can't believe they wouldn't put a trunk release inside the car.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:01 AM   #14
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

I thought it was weird too at first but then I realized why not make it outside? If you are wanting to get in the trunk you are going to be standing right there anyways so you can just push the button.

One thing that really makes no sense to me on the Malibu is that the door lock buttons are on the door like normal but then you also have buttons on the dash to unlock or lock the doors. No idea why you would want that.

White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
Old 11-19-2012, 05:02 AM   #15
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Quote:
I'm not sure what controls the weather forecasts and traffic. I hit the info button on the Touch Screen and menu options came up with 5 day weather forecast, Local Traffic, etc. Don't know if my link is controling this, or XM.

By the way, I liked the XM antenna on the Malibu much more. It was a small little nub just above the rear window. With the Cruze, it's almost a full antenna sticking up. Was that necessary due to the My Link? Even my previous car with XM had a small little antenna similar to the Malibu. It seems like the antenna on the Cruze can break off in a car wash or something. Maybe it's retractable.

Last edited by Richard; 11-19-2012 at 05:05 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:08 AM   #16
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Quote:
I thought it was weird too at first but then I realized why not make it outside? If you are wanting to get in the trunk you are going to be standing right there anyways so you can just push the button.

One thing that really makes no sense to me on the Malibu is that the door lock buttons are on the door like normal but then you also have buttons on the dash to unlock or lock the doors. No idea why you would want that.
I was just mentioning that about the Cruze regarding the Power Locks. It's only on the center dash. There are no power lock buttons on the doors. I personally liked it on the doors. And I liked the trunk release inside the car as well.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:10 AM   #17
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

We have MyLink also but our antenna is the little shark fin you can see in the pic.
Do you have navigation on your MyLink radio? I believe the Malibu with navigation also has the weather show up on the radio but then it also lost bluetooth audio and Pandora if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully they changed that now.
Here you can find info about MyLink
https://www.myconnectedradio.com/web/chevrolet/home

White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
Old 11-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Verified Chevy Representatives

@Richard, as I read your post about your entire situation, I have to say that this holiday might have a whole entire meaning for you and your family as I wish you the best as you get back on your feet from everything you’ve had to endure with things.

From my family in Michigan to yours, I hope you the best Thanksgiving ever as we are thankful for you.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

Available Monday-Friday

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 04:25 AM   #19
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
@Richard, as I read your post about your entire situation, I have to say that this holiday might have a whole entire meaning for you and your family as I wish you the best as you get back on your feet from everything you’ve had to endure with things.

From my family in Michigan to yours, I hope you the best Thanksgiving ever as we are thankful for you.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
I really appreciate that, but I have to honestly say that won't be the case as far as being the best Thanksgiving. It's been such a harrowing experience that it's going to take a while to get over this. But your best wishes are truly appreciated. Thank you to everyone for their best wishes and I hope everyone has a great holiday season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.