My Link System - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:19 AM   #1
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Gallery: 0
Default My Link System

Just wanted to know if anyone knows the features of the My Link System. What does it offer?
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 05:37 AM   #2
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage
Default Re: My Link System

Check out this site and your owners manual.
https://www.myconnectedradio.com/web/chevrolet/home

The Mylink in our car has bluetooth audio and it also has Pandora and Stitcher apps on screen when the phone is connected to the car via the usb cable.

If you have navigation these apps and bluetooth audio were not available early on but I'm not sure if that has changed. You can tell if you have the apps, they will be onscreen but greyed out until the phone is plugged in.
It also has Gracenote which will try to identify your music and present coverart on the touchscreen.
You can also control the radio with various voice commands for example "play artist Jason Aldean"

Those are a few things you can do.

2013 Malibu ECO 1SA PCN pkg
White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
nutcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 05:46 AM   #3
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

I just went to the link I gave you and selected the 2013 Cruze and I see this under the XM section

SiriusXM Travel Link

New for 2013 and available with an active SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription, Travel Link® is a suite of services designed to enhance and streamline the time you spend on the road. Completely integrated into your MyLink system, Travel Link delivers continuously updated information about weather, nearby fuel prices, and movie theater listings and start times in your immediate area. Once you start your vehicle, Travel Link information will arrive a few minutes later and will be updated while you drive. Just press the weather, fuel, or movie icons on your MyLink touch screen for Travel Link access. SiriusXM TravelLink is offered as part of the standard SiriusXM Satellite Radio 90-day trial period.

Tune Select

For 2013, MyLink adds the Tune Select feature to your active SiriusXM subscription. Tune Select lets you set alerts for your favorite artists or songs and will let you know whenever that artist or song is played—on any SiriusXM channel! Just press "Menu" once you're tuned to SiriusXM and set Tune Select alerts for your favorites.

Also I see a picture viewer is an option so you can view pics off your phone or ipod.

If I select the 2013 Malibu Eco it doesn't say anything about those things so it sounds like you can do even more on the Cruze. Damn I wish we had those options too they sound pretty cool. If I select 2013 Malibu (not Eco) it shows those same options.
I'd be interested to know if you can in fact do all of those things on your radio.

White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
Old 11-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrunch View Post
Check out this site and your owners manual.
https://www.myconnectedradio.com/web/chevrolet/home

The Mylink in our car has bluetooth audio and it also has Pandora and Stitcher apps on screen when the phone is connected to the car via the usb cable.

If you have navigation these apps and bluetooth audio were not available early on but I'm not sure if that has changed. You can tell if you have the apps, they will be onscreen but greyed out until the phone is plugged in.
It also has Gracenote which will try to identify your music and present coverart on the touchscreen.
You can also control the radio with various voice commands for example "play artist Jason Aldean"

Those are a few things you can do.
Is there a separate manual for the My Link System. I didn't see it in the regular owners manual. Maybe I missed it, but I don't think it was there.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

You never did say if you had navigation on your car but here is the navigation and infotainment manual on the Chevrolet site for the 2013 Cruze.
http://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam...3cruze_nav.pdf

White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
Old 11-21-2012, 04:27 AM   #6
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Is one of the menu items on the 7 inch touch screen (My Link) traffic conditions? I thought I saw it when I was going through the menu items a couple of days ago. I was stuck in heavy traffic last night and I looked for the traffic report selection and I couldn't find it.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:29 AM   #7
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Quote:
You never did say if you had navigation on your car but here is the navigation and infotainment manual on the Chevrolet site for the 2013 Cruze.
http://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam...3cruze_nav.pdf
Yes, I do have Navigation. Thanks for the info. I tried the navigation out last night and it seems to be a jinx. Everytime I set the Navigation, I get caught in a traffic jam.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #8
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Yes, I do have Navigation. Thanks for the info. I tried the navigation out last night and it seems to be a jinx. Everytime I set the Navigation, I get caught in a traffic jam.
haha sounds like you have luck like mine.

I am not sure where any traffic conditions button is as I don't have the navigation on our My Link radio.
Does yours have the Pandora app button? On earlier Malibus with navigation they had to give up the Pandora and Stitcher apps along with bluetooth audio which I think sucked. If you are paying more for navigation you should get it all. Not sure if that was changed or not.

White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
Old 11-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #9
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Quote:
haha sounds like you have luck like mine.

I am not sure where any traffic conditions button is as I don't have the navigation on our My Link radio.
Does yours have the Pandora app button? On earlier Malibus with navigation they had to give up the Pandora and Stitcher apps along with bluetooth audio which I think sucked. If you are paying more for navigation you should get it all. Not sure if that was changed or not.
Yeah, sometimes I just like to fool around with the navigation and I'll set the navigation to get me home just to see how it works. My estimated travel time was 11 minutes - ended up taking me 45.

Anyway, I do have Pandora and Stitcher along with Bluetooth. The Navigation shows up in 2 areas - on the touch screen and you can set it to display in the DIC.

Anyway, I'm almost positive that when the salesman was giving me a quick demo, he showed me a traffic conditions or local traffic menu item on the touch screen display. I just can't find it now.

There's so many menus and there are menus within menus, so I guess I just have to look for it.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

Yea according to the manual and online it says it should have traffic, weather and even show you movie times at a theater near you.
It says it is $1.99 extra a month through Sirius XM but you should have a 3 month trial so it should be activated and free, if not call the dealer up and ask why it isn't.

Your radio does sound more complicated than the one we have, but I'd love to have those other options.

White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.