2013 Chevy Malibu 2.5L Review - Page 3 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #21
cp-the-nerd
CMF Veteran Member
2009 Malibu 2LT V6
Red Jewel

Gallery: 0
Send a message via AIM to cp-the-nerd
Default Re: 2013 Chevy Malibu 2.5L Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09LT2 View Post
You must be referring to 4cyl only? There are plenty of v6 mid size cars that are way faster, and a few turbo 4's.
Yes. I know, my own 3.6L is much faster than that. It doesn't make sense to compare a base engine to optional V6s and turbo 4-cylinders.
cp-the-nerd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #22
velocity5
CMF Senior Member
2013 Traverse LS
SilverIce Metallic

The latest C&D review of the non eco is not so good. Although C&D and Motor Trend will pick apart and find fault with any car thats not a BMW
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...-drive-reviews
Sorry, I couldnt get the insert link to work right. Maybe a mod can fix it.
velocity5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #23
BruEmbry
CMF Junior Member
2013 Malibu Eco 2SA
Champagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp-the-nerd View Post
Don't forget that the Malibu Eco has 182 hp + boost from the battery system. 8.2 seconds actually puts the Eco near the head of the midsize class. If the 2.5L hits 7.9 seconds like Motor Trend and Car & Driver have been told, that will make it the fastest midsize car with an automatic behind only the feather weight 2013 Nissan Altima.
I have now had my Malibu Eco for about 8 weeks. The electric boost never kicks at maximum power output of the 2.4l, but it kicks in at the lower RPMs up to around 3000 to 4000 RPMs. Thus the power assist can actruely come into play any time from idle up to the 3000 to 4000 RPMs
Please note the 182 HP figure for the 2.4l comes in a a vary high RPMs. The eassit is additive but only at the lower RPMs.
BruEmbry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #24
Malibu 2lt
CMF Junior Member
2013 Malibu 2lt
crystal ruby red

Post Re: 2013 Chevy Malibu 2.5L Review

Maybe the testers forget most people who are buying in this class of automobile don't do track days and will sacrifice some weight for a more quite ride. I have stated else where that I drove most of the cars in this class that we were interested in and the Malibu out performed them all in the areas we were most concerned. I truly like the body style on the 2013 over the 2014 and found out that all of the 2014s were going to have eco assist and I did not want that. The large truck space with the large pass through when the rear seats are folded down helped make the decision. The 2.5 seemed to accelerate better than those tested and had less body lean when pushed hard in cornering, or a quick evasive maneuver. Braking was excellent as well. Our 2013 was only 12 days old when our dealer found the car at another dealer about 150 miles away. They had it the very next day and we drove it home that night! We opted out of leather to try the premium cloth this time. Most of are cars in the past all had leather. We both agree the cloth is great. Only time will tell how well it holds up. We had the cloth part of the seats Scotch Guarded for stain and spill protection. Had the floor mats done as well. We added the Electronics & Entertainment package as well as the crystal red tintcoat. We do very few long trips so we leave the navigation to the gps on our iPhones. I think this Malibu if proven reliable will serve us well into the future.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0812.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	7953  
Malibu 2lt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.