Service Traction and ESC - Page 7 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #61
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Verified Chevy Representatives

Gallery: 0
Default Re: Service Traction and ESC

@Linda B, thank you for your feedback about your concerns with the airbag issues you had with your Malibu. Your comments have been document so many departments within General Motors will be able to view them.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

Available Monday-Friday

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 05:17 AM   #62
Linda B
CMF Rookie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenDaily View Post
Interesting that you find yourself faultless after so many years of owning and driving cars and all the work you've done. I assure you that I honestly believe you to be a truly intelligent person. Where I find the fault is that you didn't do your homework for yourself.

With all your experience in life you are almost assuredly aware that lawyers and car salesmen (or women) rate the lowest on the list of trustworthy people. That said, a few simple questions and/or a simple "No" would have stopped or slowed the salesperson's requirement to buy A to get B. That is where we all see that you failed yourself. The salesperson simply took advantage of you and laughed all the way to the bank.

Is the HHR the current normal? I sure hope not! This is my first new car in my life. (I know I owned an '09 but it was sold as "new" with 1252 miles, scratches, and rust showing. It was signed for before delivery from out-of-state, after which I learned my lesson.)

I sincerely hope you can reach an amicable resolution on your issues. You're welcome to share here, but also please realize that since this is a public forum you're gonna get all sorts of folks replying, and that means a lot of scrutiny on what you post.
Consternation here because I wasn't clear. It WASN'T the salesperson. He has been a top sales guy for years for very good reason and has many return customers. I take your feedback on me not doing research on warranties and won't get taken twice. It was the finance department, and now that you mention it I went back about a year ago with someone else to look at a car. All went well until it got handed to the finance dept then we got up and left. I won't go into it, but it was so bad that the sales guy couldn't help rolling his eyes as we were walking along sharing some of it with him. You are likely right in me getting taken in being forced into a warranty. Even with the deductible on repairs, it may end up being worth it because there have been 3 different issues already.

The salesperson was recommended to me years ago from someone who had bought 3 cars from him. I've bought 2 from him, and I took my boss there from Cincinnati and he sold a car to my boss.

I've always liked the Chevy's and only went to the foreign models for fuel economy. Also I like the GMAC financing. They provide a lot of info online and their site is easy to use. Then I learned you get a discount on auto insurance as well so carry that through them too. I guess it all balances out. Now you've talked me around and caused me to realize that overall Chevy has provided me good cars and great service.

Thanks;-)
Linda B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 03:23 AM   #63
Linda B
CMF Rookie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenDaily View Post
Interesting that you find yourself faultless after so many years of owning and driving cars and all the work you've done. I assure you that I honestly believe you to be a truly intelligent person. Where I find the fault is that you didn't do your homework for yourself.

With all your experience in life you are almost assuredly aware that lawyers and car salesmen (or women) rate the lowest on the list of trustworthy people. That said, a few simple questions and/or a simple "No" would have stopped or slowed the salesperson's requirement to buy A to get B. That is where we all see that you failed yourself. The salesperson simply took advantage of you and laughed all the way to the bank.

Is the HHR the current normal? I sure hope not! This is my first new car in my life. (I know I owned an '09 but it was sold as "new" with 1252 miles, scratches, and rust showing. It was signed for before delivery from out-of-state, after which I learned my lesson.)

I sincerely hope you can reach an amicable resolution on your issues. You're welcome to share here, but also please realize that since this is a public forum you're gonna get all sorts of folks replying, and that means a lot of scrutiny on what you post.
LOL Driven, I tried to go to HHR forum because unfortunately I have another perplexing issue today, but when I click to register it says the feature has been disabled by the admin.

Looks like I have to burn another vacation day to go to the dealership IF I can figure out how to get into my car. Or maybe I should just hire an exorcist at this point since my car seems to have gremlins. There is only one keyed doorlock on my car. I put the key in this morning, it turns easily, but the door remains locked. Hmmm. I'll check the back hatch when it's daylight, but pretty sure they didn't put a keylock on the back either. Note to self: Never buy a car that only has one keyed entry point. So I have 2 keyfobs for remote unlock and neither works. I took them apart, and the reason they aren't working is that each has a broken solder joint. Not in the same place but one is a post that holds the battery in place and the other is the base connection. Calling my boyfriend at daylight since he has a soldering gun, but first will try holding the one broken at the base solder together to see if I can get enough of a connection to unlock the car.

SO, total issues on my 2-1/2 yr old car are ESC traction sensor, broken connection to airbag up in the dash, ignition switch locked in on position, and now the only keyed doorlock nonfunctional so I can't get into my car. 2 keyfobs with broken solder, but that could be blamed on me dropping the keys.

I saved 3 vacation days so I could be off over Christmas. 2 are lost to my HHR mechanical issues. I HOPE it is only two;-)

smh
Linda B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 04:56 AM   #64
DrivenDaily
Administrator
2011 3.6/ A6 LTZ
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Gallery: 6
Garage

Dang, girl, sorry to hear that! If you decide to keep the rig you might look into getting an aftermarket remote start. Their fobs usually last a lot longer, some use AAA batteries that are easy to change, and the 2-way versions usually reach a long, long way.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof
Mods: WeatherTech mats, CHMSL Pulser

How-to: LEDs in mirrors :: How-to: 1-Wipe Wash
How-to: Remote express windows up/down

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles
Muffler mod on '09
DrivenDaily is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #65
BeauTie
CMF Rookie Member
2009 Malibu 1LT
Black Granite

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BeauTie
Thumbs down Re: Service Traction and ESC

I am glad I found this thread. Wow has this been an issue for me. Where to start.

I have a 2009 Malibu LT1 w/6 speed transmission.

1 year ago this month, I began to get Service Traction/ESC errors on my dash. Those errors would show up after the car started losing power. It would feel like it was chugging a long, and sometimes it would feel like it was about to quit. I called my local dealer and of course they asked me to bring it in. That was with 35,500 miles on the car.

It took them two weeks to get the part in. Oddly enough, my call around to other local GM dealers found that they hard the part in stock. Frustrating that I had to wait so long.

During that two week wait for the part, my car was a safety issue. The car would continue to lose power, and by the end of the first week of waiting, the car would stall at lights. I contacted them again and said this is now becoming dangerous, and I am losing power when attempting to pull onto on-ramps. The Chevrolet dealership (Stark Automotive Sun Prairie WI) was not the least bit concerned about the safety issues I was experiencing, and would not offer to excel the part location or offer a loaner.

The part finally came in (I will get you the part information later today), but it was an issue with a wiring harness and a control module that was replaced.

They replaced the part, and my car was running fine. UNTIL this month again. One year later, I am getting the same error messages, same loss of power, an exact replication of what I had fixed a year ago. Well, last year when they replaced the parts under warranty, they said there is a 1 year warranty for the replaced parts. Whew. So I called and told them I have the same issue as last year.

Well, they take the car in, and do all their tests. They said it is NOT related to the issues that I had last year, but is in fact in need of a Electric Power Steering Control Module, which affects the ECM and Stability Control. Cost to me to replace, $1000.00. I nearly $#$%, my pants. Well, no matter what, I NEED a car, and I agreed to get it fixed again at the dealer.

Dealer called me, told me the car is fixed and did test drives, and it is ready to go. I picked up the car, drove 5 miles, and there comes all the same problems again. I called them RIGHT AWAY...said I JUST LEFT your dealership and I am having the same problems.

I set up ANOTHER appointment. They run tests again. Oh guess what, the problem now is the problem I had LAST YEAR, as I had mentioned the first time. They said "we will do you a favor and replace that warranty part you had done last year at no charge". Excuse me? It was under a one year warranty, and my warranty wasn't even up. Favor? Get real. So now I am out $1000.00 on a BRAND NEW $26k Malibu that I bought so that I didn't have to worry about expensive repairs vs. buying a used car. I am guessing that the Electric Power Steering Control Module wasn't an issue at all. And if it was, it was probably and issue a year ago when I first had these problems.

Here is the next problem. While my car was in getting that $1000.00 repair job, I said "I need an oil change while it's here. How much is your oil change and rotation?". They replied "$49.99". I said "ah, that is way expensive. I can get both the tire rotation and oil change for $17.99 at Goodyear with our business discount. So, I will pass on the oil change". Well, when I picked up the car, they charged me for the $49.99 service. Boy was I steaming. I said "I told you I DID NOT WANT it because you charge TOO MUCH". The service adviser said "no, you said you wanted it". I looked over at the service adviser next to him, who was there when I said I did NOT want it, and that service adviser said to the other adviser "Yes, he did tell you that he didn't want it".

That right there should have been, oh, sorry about that, no charge and our fault. NOPE. The next line out of his mouth was "well, our initial estimate was for $975 for the repair, but it actually came to $950, so we actually charged you less than what you were expecting, so it's really like you got a free oil change. SERIOUS? To top it off, they REFUSED to remove it, BUT they honored the pricing that I would have received at Goodyear.

Horrible horrible business practice here. And I was considering a 2013 Malibu to replace this one, but now I hesitate, if this is how all the Chevrolet dealers operate.

Last edited by DrivenDaily; 12-22-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Language
BeauTie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #66
TSquare
CMF Junior Member
2011 Malibu LS
Gold Mist

Gallery: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauTie View Post
Horrible horrible business practice here. And I was considering a 2013 Malibu to replace this one, but now I hesitate, if this is how all the Chevrolet dealers operate.
I hope there is another Chevy dealer, or maybe any other GM dealer in your area, you should NEVER go back to that dealer. Contact Chevrolet Customer Service, tell them your story, they may be able to help. I once had GM replace a transmission in my 6 year old Pontiac van with 40,000 miles on it free of charge. I had called Customer Service, told them that the van only had 40k miles on it and I was surprise that the tranny went out this early. I was just trying to get them to maybe pay for half but they covered it all.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #67
BeauTie
CMF Rookie Member
2009 Malibu 1LT
Black Granite

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSquare View Post
I hope there is another Chevy dealer, or maybe any other GM dealer in your area, you should NEVER go back to that dealer. Contact Chevrolet Customer Service, tell them your story, they may be able to help. I once had GM replace a transmission in my 6 year old Pontiac van with 40,000 miles on it free of charge. I had called Customer Service, told them that the van only had 40k miles on it and I was surprise that the tranny went out this early. I was just trying to get them to maybe pay for half but they covered it all.
Yup, I agree. I think I need to contact Customer Service for Chevrolet.

As for other Chevrolet dealers, we do have one more, which is Ballweg Chevrolet, but it is much further away (other side of town), making it quite the inconvenience for any future warranty repairs. With GM's reorg, they also closed down the central location (Thorstad Chevrolet), which was the MOST convenient.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #68
DrivenDaily
Administrator
2011 3.6/ A6 LTZ
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Garage

Dude, when they don't have your signature on a service order PLUS another service advisor who backs your story, that's when you demand satisfaction. It's water under the bridge with the dealer now, but call GM CS and get some action started. That is not just horrible business practice, it's likely illegal!

Don't accept that kind of treatment from any shop, ever, anywhere!

Muffler mod on '09
Old 12-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #69
BeauTie
CMF Rookie Member
2009 Malibu 1LT
Black Granite

Garage

Thanks Driven. Do you think I should start here:

http://www.chevrolet.com/help/contact-us.html

?
Old 12-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #70
DrivenDaily
Administrator
2011 3.6/ A6 LTZ
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Garage

It's your place to make that decision because once you start that dance you're the one who'll be out on the dance floor. Were it me I'd call. It's a lot easier for me to describe what's going on and usually a lot faster. It's just that under Federal guidelines your rights might not be preserved when using the phone. So it'd be a place to start so you'll know how to direct the rest of your efforts.

Muffler mod on '09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.