Finally Registered on Cruze Forum - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Gallery: 0
Default Finally Registered on Cruze Forum

Hello,

They finally fixed the problem with the Cruze Forum Registration, so I will be posting there. I wanted to thank everyone for their assistance with my posts until the registration issue was resolved.

I like the Cruze, but I really miss the Malibu. I wish I was in the position to replace my previous Malibu with a new one, but this storm has changed so many things in my life that I had to go with the Cruze for several reasons that I won't even bother going into.

Best of luck to everyone with their new Malibus and I'll stop by every so often to say hello.

All the best,
Richard.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage
Default Re: Finally Registered on Cruze Forum

Hey Richard, still waiting on some pics of your Cruze in the Other Rides section.

Good luck with your car!

2013 Malibu ECO 1SA PCN pkg
White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
nutcrunch is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
mzodarg
CMF Senior Member
2013 Malibu 2LTZ
White Diamond

Quote:
Hey Richard, still waiting on some pics of your Cruze in the Other Rides section.
Or at least on the cruzetalk forum. I'm a memeber over there also. ;-)
mzodarg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

Post a link to the thread if pics are posted over there.

White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
Old 12-05-2012, 05:02 AM   #5
DrivenDaily
Administrator
2011 3.6/ A6 LTZ
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Gallery: 6
Garage

Congratulations on getting it all ironed out. +1 on the pics, dude!

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof
Mods: WeatherTech mats, CHMSL Pulser

How-to: LEDs in mirrors :: How-to: 1-Wipe Wash
How-to: Remote express windows up/down

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles
Muffler mod on '09
DrivenDaily is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 05:22 AM   #6
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Yeah, I have to post some pictures. The only way I can post pictures is through my cell phone and I don't have access due to the towers being destroyed by the storm.

The Cruze is a nice looking car, but not half as nice looking as the Malibu. I'm more impressed by the electronics of the car rather than the looks although it reminds me a little of a mini-Malibu. It's White with a Charcoal interior and I have something called the RS Package which includes a mini-spoiler, sculptured fenders and bumpers, fog lights, chrome dash accents, etc. It's the LT1, so it has 16" tires (not 17), but it does have alloy wheels.

As I'm getting used to driving the car, one thing I miss is the great brakes the Malibu had. The brakes on the Cruze are very mushy. First of all, you don't get rear wheel disc brakes with the LT1 (you get drum brakes). The LT2 is the first model with 4 wheel disc brakes. Can't believe they'd make different brakes for the different models. I didn't even know they offer drum brakes anymore.

Also, I miss the Electronic Brake Force Distribution on the Malibu. If you hit the brakes quickly, you got instant response. I have to leave more space between me and the next car with the Cruze - much more of a delay in getting that great braking response that the Malibu had. I don't believe EBD is offered on any Cruze Models. EBD is actually a very upscale feature - the first car I had with that feature was the Caddy CTS.

I also miss the speed sensitive wipers on the Malibu. Again, I don't think this is offered on the Cruze. I was driving in the rain yesterday and I had to make a lot of adjustments in the delay mode as I went faster and slower. I also liked that it went into constant wipe mode when you went over 50 MPH.

You don't realize how much you appreciate these features until you don't have them anymore. But the Cruze does have some nice features that my 2010 Malibu didn't have - but the 2013 does. I like that it shows battery volts, fuel used, and digital speedometer. I like the touch screen display, but I don't have an advanced phone, so I don't use a lot of the features that are offered.

Anyway, thanks so much everyone and I will try to post pics - I will see if I can borrow my friend's digital camera.

All the best to everyone,
Richard.

Last edited by Richard; 12-06-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #7
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

I don't think the new Malibu even has the speed sensitive wipers. At least I haven't noticed it and it says nothing about it in the owners manual.

White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
Old 12-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #8
mzodarg
CMF Senior Member
2013 Malibu 2LTZ
White Diamond

Quote:
You don't realize how much you appreciate these features until you don't have them anymore
I can relate to that, went from an LTZ Cruze to Malibu ECO and it hurt! I'm back in an 2LTZ Malibu and life is good. Although I do miss the rain sensor winshield and cooled seats in my LTZ Avalanche. Guess you can't have it all.
mzodarg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 05:43 AM   #9
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrunch View Post
I don't think the new Malibu even has the speed sensitive wipers. At least I haven't noticed it and it says nothing about it in the owners manual.
I believe it would be a setting in the configuration menu (on or off), but if you don't see it in the owner's manual, then they probably did away with that feature.

I would think if the previous generation had that feature, they would carry it on to the new Malibu. Again, it looks like many of the electronic features on the 2013 Cruze match the 2013 Malibu.

I will say that I did like the speed sensitive wipers though. I didn't have to make constant adjustments to the delay time. Really surprised the new Malibu and Cruze for that matter don't have that feature since it was offered previously on the Malibu.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #10
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzodarg View Post
I can relate to that, went from an LTZ Cruze to Malibu ECO and it hurt! I'm back in an 2LTZ Malibu and life is good. Although I do miss the rain sensor winshield and cooled seats in my LTZ Avalanche. Guess you can't have it all.
And it's funny, because my Cruze has many features that I can't take advantage of. I don't have an I-Phone and you really need that to take advantage of a lot of the features in the My Link system.

I also miss the Suede Seats from my Malibu LT2. So much more comfortable than the cloth seats that the Cruze has. And the seats were heated on the Malibu, but I didn't use that much unless it was really cold. Suede doesn't get cold like leather does. And I miss the Moonroof that I had on the Malibu.

The truth is because of the storm, I needed a car right away and they only had 2 Cruzes in stock. I would have chosen some other packages that they offer and not taken some of the packages that my Cruze came with, but I really had no choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.