2013 Malibu rear vision - Page 3 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #21
Aubrey
CMF Rookie Member

Gallery: 0
Default Re: 2013 Malibu rear vision

Picked up my new Malibu this week. Rear camera is fine. No complaints about it or anything with the car. 2LZ w/Electronics & Entertainment.
Aubrey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #22
john parker
CMF Junior Member
2013 Malibu 1LT
Summit White

Just purchased a 2013 1LT based on having rented a 2012 2LT on a trip last month. Personally think visibility to the rear is not good in both (previous car was 2001 Cavalier). Really wanted a 2012, but couldn't find what we wanted. Got 2013 for the advantages it brought to us: power passenger seat and rear camera! Have only driven the 2013 for one day, but the rear camera is wonderful and a big help!
john parker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #23
john parker
CMF Junior Member
2013 Malibu 1LT
Summit White

Do have a rear camera question! Owner's manual talks to "guide lines" and shows on to turn them on. However, I cannot get any guide lines to pop up on the display to select. Car is a 1LT. Do the guide lines only come up on a higher model?
john parker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #24
mzodarg
CMF Senior Member
2013 Malibu 2LTZ
White Diamond

Quote:
Do have a rear camera question! Owner's manual talks to "guide lines" and shows on to turn them on. However, I cannot get any guide lines to pop up on the display to select. Car is a 1LT. Do the guide lines only come up on a higher model?
On My 13 Bu Eco, I had the guide lines and a much clearer camera, it was HD quality in comparison to the camera on the 2013 2LTZ I just purchased. The guideline feature on the LTZ has been removed.

Although the manual says it exists, the feature is not available in setup per the manual.

Tre'
mzodarg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 01:16 AM   #25
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

I have the Eco and no guide lines. I believe the guide lines were only on the ones with navigation. I believe they changed the navigation radio though because you used to not be able to do bluetooth audio or Pandora with the navigation radio either and I believe you can now. Is that corect mzodarg? You have navigation in yours right?

Here is a thread where we were discussing the guide lines before. http://www.chevymalibuforum.com/foru...ighlight=guide

2013 Malibu ECO 1SA PCN pkg
White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint

Last edited by nutcrunch; 12-07-2012 at 01:51 AM.
nutcrunch is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 02:04 AM   #26
mzodarg
CMF Senior Member
2013 Malibu 2LTZ
White Diamond

Yes I have the Nav, had it in the Eco also. I did notice that the head unit is a Panasonic, not sure what the ECO was but it's different.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:28 AM   #27
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

You also have Pandora, Stitcher and can do bluetooth audio with the navigation radio in your LTZ right?

White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
Old 12-07-2012, 03:45 AM   #28
mzodarg
CMF Senior Member
2013 Malibu 2LTZ
White Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrunch View Post
You also have Pandora, Stitcher and can do bluetooth audio with the navigation radio in your LTZ right?
Correct, I haven't tried pandora or sticher yet. But BT from my iphone is sweeeet!
Old 12-07-2012, 04:07 AM   #29
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzodarg View Post
Correct, I haven't tried pandora or sticher yet. But BT from my iphone is sweeeet!
When we got our car at first I was a little disappointed we didn't get the navigation but then when I realized the early navigation radios didn't have Pandora, Stitcher and bluetooth audio I was happy we didn't get it.
That was crazy that you would get the upscale navigation radio and pay all that money and not get those features. Now it looks like they added it back in but dropped the camera guidelines. Weird.

Yea I enjoy the bluetooth audio too from our iphones. The Pandora app is really cool when you plug the phone into the car so you can have full controls. I downloaded the Stitcher app but I don't drive around listening to news so I deleted it off the phone.

White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
Old 12-07-2012, 06:12 AM   #30
mzodarg
CMF Senior Member
2013 Malibu 2LTZ
White Diamond

Just tried pandora, sweet!Have never used sticher. One thing I notice this morning when backing out for work, it appears the back up camera is b/w not color. IDK WTF GM was thinking on this change. Oh well I'll live with it until I talk to the GM Rep.

Tre'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.