Real Life Mileage Numbers - Page 2 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #11
cp-the-nerd
CMF Veteran Member
2009 Malibu 2LT V6
Red Jewel

Gallery: 0
Send a message via AIM to cp-the-nerd
Default Re: Real Life Mileage Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzodarg View Post
CP nerd, Yes my car is tuned with what is listed. The TCM read out that I have the exact transmission that the Cadillac ATS has.

I trust my tuner, no worries.

Tre'
You cannot possibly have the same transmission as the Cadillac ATS because that car is rear wheel drive. You have a front transaxle. The two transmissions have nothing in common except 6 gears.

2009 2LT V6 Red Jewel
w/Factory Fogs, Lip Spoiler,
Black Calipers, Chrome-Tech 18s
cp-the-nerd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #12
mzodarg
CMF Senior Member
2013 Malibu 2LTZ
White Diamond

Ok, not sure if this makes any different but his is an all wheel drive. I know of many Verano's pushing a lot more than I am with no issues. I believe those are transverse engines and the same tranny as mine.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #13
cp-the-nerd
CMF Veteran Member
2009 Malibu 2LT V6
Red Jewel

What does RWD-based AWD with a transfer case have to do with your FWD transaxle being overpowered by 35 lb-ft of torque?

All I'm saying is your reliability is very much at risk, regardless of how highly you regard Trifecta (many people don't).

2009 2LT V6 Red Jewel
Old 12-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #14
mzodarg
CMF Senior Member
2013 Malibu 2LTZ
White Diamond

And many people do, so there you have it. I'm fine with it. Never had an issue with a Trifecta tune. I know there are those who have but I'm not one of them. Just saying...

If I do, I know the risk and am willing to accept responsibility.

Tre'
Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #15
Malibu2.0
CMF Rookie Member
2013 Malibu LTZ
Crystal Red

MZO,
I admire you're faith. I would love to have the extra power but am reluctant to take the risk. Maybe after the newness of the vehicle wears a bit I may give it a shot. Do you have any warranty experience with your previous tunes? I hear so many stories but have no personal experience. In the meantime enjoy that sweet ride!
Malibu2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #16
mzodarg
CMF Senior Member
2013 Malibu 2LTZ
White Diamond

malibu 2.0 Iam enjoying it! Never had an issue witH a TRIFECTA tune. Put 20k plus on my cruze and pounded the sh!t out of that car. I can see on this forum that anthing with a turbo and can spank a Gen 7 v6 or earlier is going to be questioned and doubted and well you can read for yourself. Hence the reason I removed the hp and TQ from my signature.

I also have had a 2010 Camaro 2ss that was tuned no issue, i do see now my there is no performance section on this forum.

As you know, the stock power is good, the tune is better.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #17
cp-the-nerd
CMF Veteran Member
2009 Malibu 2LT V6
Red Jewel

Look dude, based on your posts it doesn't seem like you know much about cars, and you dive head first into decisions hoping for the best.

When I see your sig showing you've tuned your car to 315 lb-ft of torque and warn you that the manufacturer claims the 6T70 transmission is only designed to handle 280, it's for YOUR BENEFIT and for anyone else looking to tune their car. Even GM's stronger 6T75 is only rated for 300 lb-ft.

Whatever justification you have for turning your drivetrain into a timebomb is between you and Trifecta. It's your car and you can do what you want, but this forum is for helping educate people about the car and it would be appreciated if you mentioned an "at your own risk" disclaimer when talking about your performance tune.

@Malibu2.0--if you decide to tune your car, which is perfectly fine by the way, just keep the manufacturer's limits in mind.

2009 2LT V6 Red Jewel
Old 12-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #18
mzodarg
CMF Senior Member
2013 Malibu 2LTZ
White Diamond

Glad u gave Malibu02 the go ahead to tune I'm sure he feels so much better! Like I said earlier I know the risk if that isn't good. Enough for you, I'm not sure what is.

You seem to have a vendetta against Trifecta, with no real world experience. I've had several cars tuned by Vince, none of which had problems. please share you experience with their tunes.

Im listening.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #19
cp-the-nerd
CMF Veteran Member
2009 Malibu 2LT V6
Red Jewel

A vendetta against Trifecta? Seriously, you need to read for comprehension. This whole "I've never had a problem so I'm going to keep doing it" argument is ridiculous. If every smoker knew someone dying of lung cancer, big tobacco would go bankrupt.

What I'm saying is it's common sense that going over the limits of the drivetrain is bad for the car. Continuing haphazardly until a catastrophic failure is your prerogative, but don't encourage it because you don't know anyone its backfired on.

My only beef with Trifecta is the way they overpower cars not even meant for performance, and therefore have extra low threshold for mods.

2009 2LT V6 Red Jewel
Old 12-13-2012, 12:08 AM   #20
mzodarg
CMF Senior Member
2013 Malibu 2LTZ
White Diamond

Quote:
you need to read for comprehension
And I asked "please share your experience" I didn't read or comprehend any of the aforementioned in your reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.