2.4L aftermarket parts - Page 2 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #11
CL726
CMF Rookie Member
2010 Malibu LT
Metallic Black

Gallery: 1
Default Re: 2.4L aftermarket parts

You can mod a malibu. It depends on what you want to do to your malibu. I put a supercharger on my 2010 malibu. You can for alot of parts but also there's alot that doesn't fit. It just depends on what you want to do.
CL726 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #12
Cizzle714
CMF Senior Member
2010 Malibu 1LT
black

Gallery: 0

CL726....Why don't you elaborate on your supercharged 'Bu? I4 or V6? How does is perform and I'm not even going to ask about money spent, that's a given.
Cizzle714 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #13
CL726
CMF Rookie Member
2010 Malibu LT
Metallic Black

Cuzzle714...I put a lsj supercharger in my 2010 malibu with the 2.4L le5 motor. Runs great! Just fine tuning it right now. Afr's are a little rich in boost so my tune guy is trying to fix that right now. Other then that I went good. It was a lot of work putting in with alot of modifications but it worked!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #14
Plague
CMF Junior Member
2010 Malibu LTZ
Imperial Blue

Gallery: 11
Send a message via AIM to Plague Send a message via MSN to Plague Send a message via Yahoo to Plague

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL726 View Post
I put a supercharger on my 2010 malibu.
Pictures and specs or it's BS
Plague is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #15
Cizzle714
CMF Senior Member
2010 Malibu 1LT
black

I'm not saying you didn't do it but ya some pics and numbers would be great, especially pics!! I would like to know what kind of power is coming out. I want to turbo my I4 Bu' just to get a little more power, maybe around what the V6 puts out but with better gas mileage. If it pushes 300 without any issues or crazy upgrades to drivetrain and what not then that would be perfect.
Cizzle714 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 03:19 AM   #16
Malibu808
CMF Rookie Member
2011 Malibu 2LT
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cizzle714 View Post
I'm not saying you didn't do it but ya some pics and numbers would be great, especially pics!! I would like to know what kind of power is coming out. I want to turbo my I4 Bu' just to get a little more power, maybe around what the V6 puts out but with better gas mileage. If it pushes 300 without any issues or crazy upgrades to drivetrain and what not then that would be perfect.
A turbo is going hurt your mileage (especially if you are going to attempt to almost double your horsepower). Not to mention unless you really fine tune it (compression ratio, pistons, etc.) you;

1) will not see a significant boost in power
2) will see your mileage dive into the ground
3) will see unneeded wear and tear to your engine (especially if you are driving it hard)

If you want more power out of a Malibu, you are seriously better off trading in your I4 for the v6. Trying to make the I4 into a v6 is a complete waste of time and effort (time and effort that can be used to save up money to buy a v6) IMO and serious attempts to do so (through turbos, etc.) will only shorten the overall life of your current car.

At the end of the day, your I4 Malibu is still a family car built for comfort and competition with the Camry. Not a performance car. And attempting to run 252+ horses through only 4 cylinders (that were designed to handle only about 170) will only kill your engine faster.
Malibu808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 03:45 AM   #17
DrivenDaily
Administrator
2011 3.6/ A6 LTZ
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Gallery: 6
Garage

Even if the I4 can handle the extra power the trans in the I4 has fewer clutches than the one in the V6. It's not rated for that many ponies. More engine power has to get to the wheels somehow and the transmission has to be equally capable or you're gonna trash it real quick.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof
Mods: WeatherTech mats, CHMSL Pulser

How-to: LEDs in mirrors :: How-to: 1-Wipe Wash
How-to: Remote express windows up/down

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles
Muffler mod on '09
DrivenDaily is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 03:59 AM   #18
CL726
CMF Rookie Member
2010 Malibu LT
Metallic Black

I will have pics of engine bay today. I'm sure you guys don't believe it but its in!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:19 AM   #19
CL726
CMF Rookie Member
2010 Malibu LT
Metallic Black

Pics are posted in gallery! The gallery name is supercharged
Old 12-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #20
Plague
CMF Junior Member
2010 Malibu LTZ
Imperial Blue

Gallery: 11
Send a message via AIM to Plague Send a message via MSN to Plague Send a message via Yahoo to Plague

I see, so basically you used the Cobalt SC kit
http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/...arger-Kit.aspx

As DrivenDaily said, even if the I4 can handle the power increase, which I actually have no doubt the motor its self can handle the bump in HP, the trans is your issue. Hopefully you've rebuilt your trans to V6 specs.

What did you do about tuning your PCM? Have you dynoed the setup yet? And performance wise have you run it on a track yet? 1/8th or 1/4 mile?

Just my opinion but I don't think this 2.4 is really worth the hassle of throwing boost at it, if you want performance find yourself something that's intended to go fast, like a Mustang, Camaro, or a Challenger.

Anyway good luck keeping it running, and please keep us all posted on your progress.

Plague is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.