Motor Trend: new Malibu is worst/most disappointing new car... - Page 3 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Ľ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #21
cp-the-nerd
CMF Veteran Member
2009 Malibu 2LT V6
Red Jewel

Gallery: 0
Send a message via AIM to cp-the-nerd
Default Re: Motor Trend: new Malibu is worst/most disappointing new car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrunch View Post
You should start reading Motor Trend Wingr1800 that way you could have saved all those miles driving such a horrible car. Forget that you are happy with it, that isn't important, the sales numbers should mean more to you than happiness...

Look, I have no problem with you, but you clicked on a thread about Motor Trend's opinion of the Malibu. Most would agree the automotive press is relevant to a car forum. Nobody is challenging your personal opinion of the car.

2009 2LT V6 Red Jewel
w/Factory Fogs, Lip Spoiler, Black Calipers, Chrome-Tech 18s,
GM Performance STB, Amsoil Cone Intake
cp-the-nerd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 02:26 AM   #22
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

I have no problem with you either.
Glad we got that straightened out.

Relax, you posted on a Malibu forum and I am just pointing out that magazines are not to be trusted as gospel. Everyone should make decisions for themselves otherwise they may be missing out. Most would agree that is relevant to a purchase.

2013 Malibu ECO 1SA PCN pkg
White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
nutcrunch is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 06:12 AM   #23
mzodarg
CMF Senior Member
2013 Malibu 2LTZ
White Diamond

Quote:
magazines are not to be trusted as gospel
I would agree with what you stated. One thing that needs to be taken into consideration is overall sales, I know you said you could care less as your happy. Lets be honest, if it ain't selling there has to be changes.

I wonder if you'll be as happy when you see what the redesign does to your resale value. When I traded off my ECO, I was fortunate to get what I did for it and I know that. I'm just not sure I'll have the same good fortune when and If I trade the 2ltz in due to this refresh.

Makes me wonder what they are planning and if any of the new changes will be available for those who want to update their current (before refresh) vehicle.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #24
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzodarg View Post
I would agree with what you stated. One thing that needs to be taken into consideration is overall sales, I know you said you could care less as your happy. Lets be honest, if it ain't selling there has to be changes.

I wonder if you'll be as happy when you see what the redesign does to your resale value. When I traded off my ECO, I was fortunate to get what I did for it and I know that. I'm just not sure I'll have the same good fortune when and If I trade the 2ltz in due to this refresh.

Makes me wonder what they are planning and if any of the new changes will be available for those who want to update their current (before refresh) vehicle.
Yes I agree if it isn't selling then they need to change it. I couldn't care less personally because I already bought the car and love it.

Resale value never factors into my purchases. I don't ever buy something with intentions of selling it later. I see guys all the time on the Harley forum talking about resale value but it doesn't make any difference to me as I plan on keeping mine for a long time. Same with the car. Yea it is nice to get more for a vehicle when you sell it but that just doesn't matter to me much.

We will have to see what changes they make but I think the biggest change that they should make (and I seriously doubt they will) is increase the backseat leg room. The front should be changed too as I think that might help attract more people.

I am not doubting at all that the car isn't selling well, my beef is with the magazines making it out to sound like the new Malibu is horrible when it really isn't. I just want people to not be misled by that and find out for themselves how the car really is. Make sense?

White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
Old 12-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #25
Malibu2.0
CMF Rookie Member
2013 Malibu LTZ
Crystal Red

I am still amazed at the negative press this car receives. We have had our '13 LTZ turbo for five weeks and about 1,700 miles and we have enjoyed every one. Although I didn't drive every car in the class, I drove a few and am quite pleased with my decision. I will admit that initially I was a bit shocked by the sticker of nearly $35,000. However the more I live with the car it seems a bargain. My dealer was great to work with and gave me a very generous trade in allowance for my vehicle. I hope the re-fresh goes well but I think the car is a beauty the way it is.

The car rides and handles beautifully and is super quiet even at highway speeds. I am averaging about 21 around town and as much as 32 on the highway. I think those figures are great for a car that is this much fun to drive.

All in all I am very pleased with my purchase. The car is everything that I had hoped for and more. Maybe I am biased because I am such a homer. I was born and raised in a small Pennsylvania steel town. It means a lot to me that I purchased a car built in America by an American car company. Maybe that makes me a fool but that is how I feel. Anyhow, a big Thank You to the good people of Kansas City for building me such a fine car.
Malibu2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #26
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Verified Chevy Representatives

I can see and appreciate your point of view, nutcrunch. To be totally honest, the thought of the auto makerís sales is the last thing to cross my mind when Iím buying a vehicle. As you said, itís about what we need in a vehicle.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

Available Monday-Friday

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #27
cp-the-nerd
CMF Veteran Member
2009 Malibu 2LT V6
Red Jewel

Send a message via AIM to cp-the-nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrunch View Post
I have no problem with you either.
Glad we got that straightened out.

Relax, you posted on a Malibu forum and I am just pointing out that magazines are not to be trusted as gospel. Everyone should make decisions for themselves otherwise they may be missing out. Most would agree that is relevant to a purchase.
Well your last several posts have been pretty snarky and defensive, like someone is insulting you. If you don't like the way professionals feel about the car, don't read about it. We are all quite aware of your stance on magazines at this point.

2009 2LT V6 Red Jewel
w/Factory Fogs, Lip Spoiler, Black Calipers, Chrome-Tech 18s,
GM Performance STB, Amsoil Cone Intake
cp-the-nerd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #28
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp-the-nerd View Post
Well your last several posts have been pretty snarky and defensive, like someone is insulting you. If you don't like the way professionals feel about the car, don't read about it. We are all quite aware of your stance on magazines at this point.
Sorry if I made you upset but then again by the same suggestion you gave, if my posts make you upset then you can also not read them.
If I seem defensive about the car it is because I own it and know how it is to live with and drive it every day first hand and I disagree with some things the magazines are saying about it. I simply am encouraging people to check the car out themselves first hand if interested in it and not rely on someone else's opinion.

White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
Old 12-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #29
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I can see and appreciate your point of view, nutcrunch. To be totally honest, the thought of the auto maker’s sales is the last thing to cross my mind when I’m buying a vehicle. As you said, it’s about what we need in a vehicle.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Yep. Glad to see someone understands
People should always buy a vehicle according to their wants and needs. Opinions from others are fine but you know what they say about opinions... they are like assholes and some even make it into magazines.

White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
Old 12-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #30
BeauTie
CMF Rookie Member
2009 Malibu 1LT
Black Granite

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BeauTie

I am in the same boat as nutcrunch. Call me crazy, but I buy cars based off of my personal experience with them in test drives, and only speak of my experience. What better way to buy a car than to determine for yourself what car is best for you?

Test driving cars is free. There are no shortage of dealerships, and sales people will almost anything BUT pay you to test drive one of their cars.

Buy what is best for you, not what is best for someone else. I made that mistake once, and I won't do it again. I bought a 2007 Camry because of all the hype behind Camry sales and Camry reliability. Huge mistake, we hated almost every second we owned it. While it was completely reliable, it was not a drivers car in our experience, and was horrible in snow and rain. Creaks were also a common issue.

I will always go by my personal experience. Now, if car is known to be a huge LEMON, then yes of course I would hesitate based on those consumer findings.
BeauTie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.