2011 won't move forward - Page 2 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Ľ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #11
greenman
ASE Certified Technician

Gallery: 0
Default Re: 2011 won't move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyp View Post
They gave me a Cruze as a loaner. One nice thing about the Cruze is that it gets the kind of gas mileage I thought the malibu would, although its not as nice a car as the Malibu. Hopefully, when i get my car back they will have fixed the tranny, and found out why the fuel mileage was so poor. 20 mpg just doesn't cut it.
It's very simple with a scan tool to determine if the engine is operating at maximum fuel efficiency.
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #12
jimmyp
CMF Rookie Member
2011 Malibu 1LT
imperial blue

I asked the dealer to look into the fuel mileage while they have it, hopefully they find something. It would be nice if we could average 24-25 mpg.
jimmyp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 05:20 AM   #13
jimmyp
CMF Rookie Member
2011 Malibu 1LT
imperial blue

Have the car back now. They fixed the tranny and it broke again immediately, fixed it a second time and it seems to be holding up so far. The car also came back with an additional 300 miles on the odometer, which seems a little excessive to me, and some nice scrapes on the rear bumper. I'll have to go back before the warranty is up to have them check out the rattle in the front end, sounds like something is loose. I asked them to look into the poor fuel mileage, but it doesnt look like they did. Still getting the same crappy 20 mpg avg. I've been a GM person all my life, but I think this is the last car i'll buy from them. It doesn't seem to be a good idea, financially.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #14
canadian_bacon
CMF Junior Member

Gallery: 3

I find it hard to believe that you get 20 mpg and the car has no engine problems or any other mechanical issues. Unless, you do no highway whatsoever and you drive it hard. What's your avg speed, just curious.
I am hitting Toronto traffic twice a day, it's winter, and so far, my avg went down from 29 to 27 mpg. Do you use it for carpooling?
canadian_bacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #15
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Verified Chevy Representatives

I’m sorry to read about your disappointment with the vehicle and the dealership. Have you talked with the service manager about your concerns with the mileage, body damage and other concerns you feel weren’t address as you requested?

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

Available Monday-Friday

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 04:15 AM   #16
jimmyp
CMF Rookie Member
2011 Malibu 1LT
imperial blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian_bacon View Post
I find it hard to believe that you get 20 mpg and the car has no engine problems or any other mechanical issues. Unless, you do no highway whatsoever and you drive it hard. What's your avg speed, just curious.
I am hitting Toronto traffic twice a day, it's winter, and so far, my avg went down from 29 to 27 mpg. Do you use it for carpooling?
I find it hard to believe too. Our two previous vehicles were a grand prix with a 3.8 V6 and four speed auto, and a 8 passenger Venture with the V6 and four speed auto, and even though they were both bigger, heavier vehicles with bigger engines, they both did better on gas. We do use it mostly for "city" driving, but even when we took it on vacation this year, which was mostly Highway, it wasn't much better. Even my 6000 lb 380hp 4wd pickup averages 18.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:29 AM   #17
jimmyp
CMF Rookie Member
2011 Malibu 1LT
imperial blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Iím sorry to read about your disappointment with the vehicle and the dealership. Have you talked with the service manager about your concerns with the mileage, body damage and other concerns you feel werenít address as you requested?

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
I did not mention the mileage to him, but I did mention the paint damage. I was offered touch up paint. When i refused that, he told me to get a price to fix it and let him know how much it is.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:12 AM   #18
Doc
CMF Junior Member
2012 Malibu LTZ
White

My LTZ with the v6 is averaging 22-26 and that's driving it at 80-105mph almost daily. If I keep it around 70mph, 30+ mpg.
Unless your all city, something isn't right.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:07 AM   #19
jimmyp
CMF Rookie Member
2011 Malibu 1LT
imperial blue

Found the cure to my Maliboo Problems, traded it in on a 2013 CRV, which is already averaging 25 mpg, and its not even broken in yet. i could not leave my wife and daughter driving around in a car i have absolutely no faith in. If I ever have 50 or 60 grand to drop on a Cadillac or a Corvette, maybe I would consider a GM product again. Those and pickups seem to be the only vehicles they care about. Hopefully GM will get their act together before Hyundai eats their lunch
I'm pretty sure Hyundai dealers don't tell their customers"it's just a Sonata", like my dealer told me about my Maliboo. It cost me a few grand, but my lesson is learned. Good Luck to all who are similarly afflicted.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:07 AM   #20
AuditorBill
CMF Rookie Member
2011 Malibu 1LT
Black Granite

My 2011 did the same thing in Nov. 2011 with 8,269 miles...this was 149 miles after I had it in the dealership because of trans bucking/jerking. Of course--no code, no problem detected. Left my wife on the side of the road in the pitch black at 5:50 a.m. en route to work. Extrememly frustrating.

Ever since we got the car back, I think the cold 2-3 shift is very soft (car actually slows down although revs don't go up), and the shift lever feels looser to me than before--in fact, it's looser than the 2009 Cobalt we bought for my daughter a few months ago, with a lot more mileage.

I think with trannys, at Chevy, if it's not throwing a light or code, they won't open it up, sadly.

How much nonsense is a customer expected to take? People get fired where I work for a lot less than this. Sometimes I wonder if I should fire GM as my car company after over thirty years.
AuditorBill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.