Trouble with RVS - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
TMiller2011
CMF Rookie Member
2011 Malibu 2LT
silver

Gallery: 0
Default Trouble with RVS

I have a 2011 malibu 3.6L V6 2LT 16k miles. Since i bought the car in early December, about 75% of the time i use remote start, my alarm goes off right when the engine starts up. Everything works fine and normal and it only stops when i unlock the doors, and when i do that the car keeps 3 times.

Im not sure what is causing this problem, i couldn't find anything about this and its more of an annoyance than an inconvenience. This problem happens on a cold start, and non cold start, for lack of a better word.

Any information about this problem, and/or why this happens will be appreciated.
TMiller2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
greenman
ASE Certified Technician

Default Re: Trouble with RES

That's one I haven't run across. Normally with an ajar sensor issue (which I assume, is what is triggering the alarm) the RVS attempt will just fail.

Do you have factory-installed remote start?

Last edited by greenman; 01-15-2013 at 12:22 PM.
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 03:51 AM   #3
DrivenDaily
Administrator
2011 3.6/ A6 LTZ
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Gallery: 6
Garage

I forget all the possibilities with the personalization menu. I have mine set not to honk when I lock once but to honk on the second press. Can it be set to honk when you unlock? If so the solution might be at your fingertips!

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof
Mods: WeatherTech mats, CHMSL Pulser

How-to: LEDs in mirrors :: How-to: 1-Wipe Wash
How-to: Remote express windows up/down

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles
Muffler mod on '09
DrivenDaily is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 04:00 AM   #4
repairman54
CMF Senior Member
2009 Malibu LS 2.4
Carbon Mist Met.

Weak battery will cause all kinds of weird stuff in modern vehicles.
Especially on start up, just cause it starts doesn't mean the battery is good.
Old fashioned load test will tell, not the quickie 1 min. flash one.
Just had the battery changed in my work '12 Express so don't think your '11 bu can't have a weak battery.
repairman54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Verified Chevy Representatives

Default Re: Trouble with RVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMiller2011 View Post
I have a 2011 malibu 3.6L V6 2LT 16k miles. Since i bought the car in early December, about 75% of the time i use remote start, my alarm goes off right when the engine starts up. Everything works fine and normal and it only stops when i unlock the doors, and when i do that the car keeps 3 times.

Im not sure what is causing this problem, i couldn't find anything about this and its more of an annoyance than an inconvenience. This problem happens on a cold start, and non cold start, for lack of a better word.

Any information about this problem, and/or why this happens will be appreciated.
Any progress on this since your last post, TMiller2011? Feel free to contact us directly (include the last 8 digits of your VIN and contact information) if you would like for us to check into anything with a dealer or related to warranty matters.

Sarah (Assisting Michelle), Chevrolet Customer Service

Available Monday-Friday

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.