Code p0300 - Page 2 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:05 AM   #11
Speed_Freak5150
Super Moderator
2010 Malibu 1LT
Imperial Blue

Gallery: 2
Default Re: Code p0300

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman View Post
A fuel delivery problem is a definite suspect. I'd start by putting a pressure gauge on the fuel rail port & recreate the failure conditions.

GM hasn't used user-replaceable fuel filters on cars for about ten years.

I did not know they quit using replaceable filters. I did not have enough miles on my cobalt to think about replacing it When I sold it. I have not looked under the Malibu to see what is back there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 02:17 AM   #12
asoriano
CMF Junior Member
08 Malibu LS
Navy Blue

Gallery: 0

Is there anything else that it may be? Maybe the fuel pump/filter is okay and the system is losing pressure else where? If so what could be causing that issue?
asoriano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #13
greenman
ASE Certified Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoriano View Post
Is there anything else that it may be? Maybe the fuel pump/filter is okay and the system is losing pressure else where? If so what could be causing that issue?
A leak on the high pressure side would cause a noticeable fuel smell, unless it was a leaking injector. A leaky injector would cause a constant misfire in the cylinder it was leaking into.
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #14
asoriano
CMF Junior Member
08 Malibu LS
Navy Blue

So finally took it to my nearest Chevy dealer and found it to be the Cadillac converter. Totally not what I expected. Can this really be the issue. I was told they have to order the part from GM and won't have my car for a few days so I won't be able drive it soon and see if the issue persist.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #15
bw77
CMF Rookie Member

They just don't make Cadillacs like they used to.
bw77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #16
greenman
ASE Certified Technician

Quote:
So finally took it to my nearest Chevy dealer and found it to be the Cadillac converter. Totally not what I expected. Can this really be the issue. I was told they have to order the part from GM and won't have my car for a few days so I won't be able drive it soon and see if the issue persist.
Rereading post #1 now a clogged cat makes sense. There's a simple & definitive test for a bad cat. Yours must of failed. (It's catalytic convertor as opposed to Cadillac). They have to order most parts in from a GM warehouse. Dealers have few parts on hand.
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Verified Chevy Representatives

Quote:
asoriano,

Fortunately the dealership has identified the cause and hopefully the issue is resolved by the replacement of the CC. Please keep us posted on the outcome.

Vanessa
GM Customer Service (Assisting Michelle)

Available Monday-Friday

Last edited by Chevrolet Customer Svc; 01-26-2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: typo
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #18
asoriano
CMF Junior Member
08 Malibu LS
Navy Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
asoriano,

Fortunately the dealership has identified the cause and hopefully the issue is resolved by the replacement of the CC. Please keep us posted on the outcome.

Vanessa
GM Customer Service (Assisting Michelle)
Dealer originally told me they did in fact have to order parts directly from GM and it would be an indefinite time period before they got the parts. Since the issue was covered under the powertrain warranty I was told I could get a rental car. However, the dealer would only cover 8days of the car rental price. I did not feel comfortable with driving my car more than necessary so I told them I wanted a rental car but will not pay any additional charges for it. Not really my fault the parts would take more than 8 days to arrive. So to avoided them having to pay for additional car rental charges they said their sister shop could fix it that same day. I think they just took it to a local muffler shop and had them put a compatible cat converter in because the car has a totally different sound to it. But the dealer reassured me they used all brand new factory GM parts. I've driven it a couple days and so far so good. Car also has a little more torque I feel like. We shall see how it hold up
Old 01-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #19
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

Quote:
So finally took it to my nearest Chevy dealer and found it to be the Cadillac converter.
The best way to tell if your cadillac converter is going bad is if the car just doesn't feel as luxurious as it once did...

2013 Malibu ECO 1SA PCN pkg
White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
nutcrunch is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #20
ElantraMax
CMF Veteran Member

Maybe they used a MagnaFlow. I know they make one. Direct fit.
ElantraMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.