Transmission fluid leak - Page 5 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #41
Fliteline1
CMF Rookie Member
2011 Malibu 2LT
Switchblade Silver

Gallery: 0
Default Re: Transmission fluid leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliteline1 View Post
I took my car in on Thursday January 3rd for another transmission leak. This time they found the torque converter seal was leaking. Another tear out, and also I am still having trouble filling the fuel tank, so they are replacing the module. I have another rental (4th) one, and hoping they solve the problem.
I picked up my car today. All is well. I have a very good dealer and they keep me very satisfied. They found a faulty module in the fuel tank and the tranny was fixed with a new seal. So far, it hasn't cost me a cent. I get the loaner from Enterprise, and it's always a GM. I still love my Malibu!
Fliteline1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 07:02 AM   #42
Fliteline1
CMF Rookie Member
2011 Malibu 2LT
Switchblade Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman View Post
I hope you mean loaner & not rental. You should not be out-of-pocket for substitute transportation.
No, it was a rental car provided by the dealer from Enterprise. It's the fourth time I've been given a rental car, because the work can't be completed in one day. Very nice of them, and gives me some time behind the wheel of other GM cars.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #43
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Verified Chevy Representatives

Quote:
I picked up my car today. All is well. I have a very good dealer and they keep me very satisfied. They found a faulty module in the fuel tank and the tranny was fixed with a new seal. So far, it hasn't cost me a cent. I get the loaner from Enterprise, and it's always a GM. I still love my Malibu!
We are glad to hear that you concern has been resolved. Let us know if you need anything in the future. Thank you.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service (Assisting Michelle).

Available Monday-Friday

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 03:13 PM   #44
Fliteline1
CMF Rookie Member
2011 Malibu 2LT
Switchblade Silver

Quote:
It looks like this is not the end of my transmission leaks. I found the transmission leaking again. I see a drop fall every time I drive it. It's on the bottom of the front plastic cover. I'm taking it back in on Monday to the dealer to see what they say about it. I hope they will find it this time. I wonder if it would be cheaper for them to put in a re-manufactured transmission. I have a friend that's a mechanic at a Honda dealership, and he said they don't even mess with repair of transmissions. They just get a re-man from the factory.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #45
DrivenDaily
Administrator
2011 3.6/ A6 LTZ
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Gallery: 6
Garage

That drop could be leaking from a previous spill that they didn't clean up. Might be worth pulling off the inspection covers (plastic pans) to see if they're clean or dirty.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof
Mods: WeatherTech mats, CHMSL Pulser

How-to: LEDs in mirrors :: How-to: 1-Wipe Wash
How-to: Remote express windows up/down

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles
Muffler mod on '09
DrivenDaily is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #46
mali
CMF Rookie Member
08 Malibu LS
Grey

Garage

The parts are only as good as the people installing it!!
mali is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #47
Fliteline1
CMF Rookie Member
2011 Malibu 2LT
Switchblade Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenDaily View Post
That drop could be leaking from a previous spill that they didn't clean up. Might be worth pulling off the inspection covers (plastic pans) to see if they're clean or dirty.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll show this to the service people when I take the car back in.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #48
Fliteline1
CMF Rookie Member
2011 Malibu 2LT
Switchblade Silver

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll show this to the service people when I take the car back in.
The dealer re-torqued the two bolts on the bottom of the front cover. The large plastic one. That has solved the problem so far. I hope this is the last of my transmission leaking.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:20 AM   #49
dcon666
CMF Rookie Member

Had my 2012 Malibu in for an oil change and asked if they could do a trans. fluid change. Due to the design they could not do the fluid change as they do not have the machine required to do the change. They did inform me that my axle seal was "seeping" and should get it replaced when I get the fluid changed. I called the dealer about doing the fluid change and repair and they could not quote me a price over the phone. I called a national chain repair shop and was given an estimate of about $350 for repair and fluid change. Thanks GM, you suck!!!
dcon666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2014, 05:59 AM   #50
Drunken Elvis
CMF Veteran Member
2006 Malibu LS 2.2 I4
Silver

The passenger side axle seal on my 06 has been seeping for 2 years without leaving a drop on the driveway. Dropping the pan changes about %70 of the fluid and perhaps that's enough.
Drunken Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.