Kevin's 2010 Malibu LT - Page 15 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #141
RYgoBOOM
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu LT
Silver Ice

Gallery: 0
Default Re: Kevin's 2010 Malibu LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowleopard View Post
The ambient lights came in, but they look a bit closer to blue haha. Not a dark blue, but a light blue. I'm still going to see about putting them in or whether I want the hassle of seeing if these are really the aquas or blues.

The projector headlights are being made now! Also, I had them put halos in and because the wiring for our headlights is already on the actual headlight they're able to wire them up with the parking lights.

This means that my headlights will function the exact same way that the new Camaros headlights function! That's pretty cool!

One thing I was thinking of in the future was getting the stock OEM fog lights and wiring them up as the DRLs (so that the headlights are -not- the DRLs, the new fog lights would be) and moving the Halos to be with the DRLs. This way, the Halos and fogs would be on when the DRLs are on and then the headlights would come on, but I figured I'd have to work a way so that the Halos and fogs stay on when the headlights come on. This would be a complicated project I think, but it's one I -might- tackle in the future.

For now, when my headlights get here, they will function identical to how a new Camaro has its headlights and halos function!
Hey bro

Care to share how much you are getting the lights done for? I might be interested in doing that rather than the 200$ ones from ebay that come blacked out.

LMK, the car show I need them for is on March 2nd lol
5% Tint all around, Cool White Interior LEDs
2-SKAR ZVX-12s in a 4th order blowthru with plexi
1-SKAR Audio 5k, 3-SKAR Audio 125.4s
12-SKAR Neo Mids, 8 SKAR Neo Tweets
Fully glassed doors, rear panel, and trunk wrapped in Black Ostrich
Youtube.com/MaliBOOOOM
RYgoBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #142
Dilatory
CMF Senior Member
2011 Malibu LS
Gold Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenDaily View Post
Oooh, that's not good! It's only got 1000 miles on the filter. I wonder if I can take it back to get my money back?
Sorry for the necro response but if you haven't seen it already:

http://www.knfilters.com/MAF/massair.htm
Dilatory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #143
snowleopard
CMF Senior Member
2013 Verano Convenience
White Diamond

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkarMaliBOOM View Post
Hey bro

Care to share how much you are getting the lights done for? I might be interested in doing that rather than the 200$ ones from ebay that come blacked out.

LMK, the car show I need them for is on March 2nd lol

Hey, I'm having a company called "Performance Auto Solutions" do the retrofit.

It is ~$375 for labor (just retrofitting, not including halo or anything) for their work and they guarantee it.

I was quoted $475, which included labor + shrouds + bulbs. Shrouds and Bulbs usually cost ~$50 each, so if you take away that $100, then the labor is ~$375, which is great!

It's ~$620 for labor + shrouds + bulbs + halos and they wire the halos to the parking lights. This means the headlights would function identical to how the new Camaros RS headlights function with the halos!

They state that it's a ~3-4 day turnaround (not including shipping time of course), which is good.

If you have a car show on March 2nd, you could definitely have them in.

I wouldn't want to hide this company, this company is a great way for those of us that want projectors to get them and for an incredibly affordable price and from a company with a guarantee.

They laser level the projectors as well to make sure they're perfectly level.
snowleopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 02:20 AM   #144
DrivenDaily
Administrator
2011 3.6/ A6 LTZ
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Gallery: 6
Garage
Cool Re: Kevin's 2010 Malibu LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilatory View Post
Sorry for the necro response but if you haven't seen it already:

http://www.knfilters.com/MAF/massair.htm
I didn't go back to find when that was posted. I have 33K on the car now so that means I have 32K on the K&N filter. After being unnecessarily scared by others on here I went to several other sites including K&N and decided to keep the filter.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof
Mods: WeatherTech mats, CHMSL Pulser

How-to: LEDs in mirrors :: How-to: 1-Wipe Wash
How-to: Remote express windows up/down

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles
Muffler mod on '09
DrivenDaily is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #145
snowleopard
CMF Senior Member
2013 Verano Convenience
White Diamond

Garage

My headlights are on track to be completed this coming Monday. So, I should have them sometime this coming week!

I'm thinking of getting the PLX Kiwi 2 Wifi + DashCommand iPhone app. Doing that, I can see the speed I'm traveling at and the RPMs, but also the horsepower and torque being generated. I'm not sure if there's a way to "capture" that data since I don't have the app, but if so it would be interesting. It also will display codes and a bunch of other things.

I was thinking of some fun ideas to add to the car to make it even more unique, but not riced out.

1. I was thinking if there was a way to somehow wire something to charge an iPod mounted on the A-piller and run the wire behind the dash so it's not visible ... then, I could have the PLX Kiwi 2 Wifi plugged into the OBD-II port and the iPod mounted on the A-piller (similar to how the Cobalt SSs used to have) and have it display DashCommand. No wires from the PLX to the iPod and the iPod would be constantly charging if the car is on (kind of like how my radio does for my iPhone) and thus eliminate the need to take the iPod out at all.

2. I was also thinking of getting OEM fog lights, but wiring them up as DRLs. My new headlights will have the DRLs disabled, but if the fog lights were the DRLs, then it would be fine. However, I wasn't sure if I would want the fog lights on at all times and if they're DRLs would they go off at night (which wouldn't be helpful)? So, I might just wire them up with an OEM switch. I was thinking of rewiring my halos with the fog lights though rather than the parking lights (which is how they will work when I get them and this is also how the Camaros have them wired up).

3. I was also considering different wheels, but I absolutely hate aftermarket wheels (they look ... bad most of the time). I saw the person with the '13 Malibu that put BMW wheels on and I was thinking of finding some wheels from another vehicle since I like the way wheels look from the manufacturer (they look more natural and correct to me). I do not know how to figure out if the wheels will fit though, so that's a problem to figure out, but other than that there are a number of very interesting 17 and 18 inch wheels (which would look natural, I don't think any bigger would look right) and maybe 19 inch (not sure how natural they would look). However, a new set of wheels and tires would be extremely expensive and I already got new wheels before and I really like them (just that they're not the most unique now since Chevy put them on all LTs the year after I got mine, so they're more common than they were).

4. I was also considering the "iKey", which is a push button keyless ignition (and keyless access, lock/unlock) system. It seems to work pretty well, but I'm not sure, but this would be interesting to have push button access and ignition!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #146
RYgoBOOM
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu LT
Silver Ice

Wish I had the $ to afford 650$ lights lol. Then again I've spending 3k+on the suspension haah
5% Tint all around, Cool White Interior LEDs
2-SKAR ZVX-12s in a 4th order blowthru with plexi
1-SKAR Audio 5k, 3-SKAR Audio 125.4s
12-SKAR Neo Mids, 8 SKAR Neo Tweets
Fully glassed doors, rear panel, and trunk wrapped in Black Ostrich
Youtube.com/MaliBOOOOM
RYgoBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #147
snowleopard
CMF Senior Member
2013 Verano Convenience
White Diamond

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkarMaliBOOM View Post
Wish I had the $ to afford 650$ lights lol. Then again I've spending 3k+on the suspension haah
It takes me a long while to save up enough! Still, I think it's worth it. The Malibu is more than a car to me, so I put a lot of thought into it and I intend to keep it for a long time.

Still, if you decide to do it these guys are great!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #148
snowleopard
CMF Senior Member
2013 Verano Convenience
White Diamond

Garage

The headlights are done and will be on their way! Here are some pictures!
The halos are wired the exact same way the new Camaros are, to the parking lights. So, the halos will be on when the car is parked, the headlights are on, or if I turn the lights on!

Old 01-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #149
SeaRay245se
CMF Veteran Member
2013 Malibu 2LT
Crystal Red Tint

Garage

That's a great look but wow that's a big price.

2013 Ram 1500 Laramie
Crew Cab W/Leather Int.
4X4 True Blue Pearl Coat
2013 Chevy Malibu 2LT
Crystal Red Tint
Leather and Pioneer
2013 Chevy Malibu 3LT
Atlantis Blue Met.
2.0 Turbo and Pioneer
2007 Harley Ultra Classic
1986 Ford Mustang
460/c6 caged and tied
1986 24' Searay 245se
1968 14' Duoboat
SeaRay245se is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #150
snowleopard
CMF Senior Member
2013 Verano Convenience
White Diamond

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by searay245se View Post
That's a great look but wow that's a big price.
It is indeed not pocket change, but it is well worth it in my opinion. They look great, will have excellent light output, etc etc. I'm happy with them

They're set to arrive on Friday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.