rough ride new 2013 3LT - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center


ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #1
love3lt
CMF Rookie Member
13 Malibu 3LT
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
Gallery: 0
Default rough ride new 2013 3LT

I just purchased a new 3LT a week ago and I didn't test drive it before I bought it (test drove 1lt) but I am not really impressed with the ride quality. I seem to feel a lot of bumps and at high way speeds i feel way to much road in the front end of the car and gas pedal. I took it to the dealer and reported vibration in gas pedal which they felt as well and they replaced the tires that helped a little for vibration but ride quality is poor but I don't know if this ride quality is normal. It has 18" tires.
Anyone with a 3LT chime in?
love3lt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-11-2013, 05:11 AM   #2
DrivenDaily
Administrator
2011 3.6/ A6 LTZ
Red Jewel Tintcoat
 
DrivenDaily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 10,117
Gallery: 6
Garage
Default Re: rough ride new 2013 3LT

What air pressure front/rear? What does the label on the car say?

Did you used to drive a car or truck?

There are a lot of folks on here who comment how much they like the ride quality, and one in particular bought the '13 'Bu over a '13 Honda Accord due to the better ride.

If yours is actually not up to par then yours may have an issue that needs attention. But first check on what you can do, such as tire pressures. On my Gen7 (2011) and on my former Gen7 (2009) the label said 30 psi but that was too splashy (to use a term from "The Bourne Identity" - thanks Jason!) and tended to wander too much. I experimented a little and run 36 front/34 rear when I check them. I also keep an eye on the DIC to see how the weather changes affect the cold pressures.

Hopefully it's just a tire inflation solution. If not, let us know what the dealer does to fix it or if they can't/won't and you choose to live with it. At any rate, please don't just get it fixed and then never return, okay?
__________________

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof
Mods: WeatherTech mats, CHMSL Pulser

How-to: LEDs in mirrors :: How-to: 1-Wipe Wash
How-to: Remote express windows up/down


Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles
Muffler mod on '09
DrivenDaily is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
Malibu2.0
CMF Rookie Member
2013 Malibu LTZ
Crystal Red
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
Gallery: 0
Default Re: rough ride new 2013 3LT

I have a '13 with the 19 inch wheels. I think it strikes a great balance between handling and ride quality. Only on certain concrete surfaces do I get excessive road noise. On blacktop it is super smooth with no hint of vibration.

On a side note, my brother and I took a road trip this week. He thought I was crazy to buy a $35k Chevrolet. 500 mi with the Malibu changed his mind. He absolutely loved the car and is considering the purchase of one. This is a guy that has driven Accords for 25 yrs.
Malibu2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 03:10 AM   #4
mzodarg
CMF Senior Member
2013 Malibu 2LTZ
White Diamond
 
mzodarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SW OK
Posts: 376
Gallery: 0
Default Re: rough ride new 2013 3LT

I have a 13 2LTZ with the 19" wheels, traded in a 13 Malibu ECO. Initially I noticed a difference in the ride quality. I have roughly 1500 miles on the LTZ now and I can honestly say that ride quality is a non issue now.

When I was in the market to Trade the ECO, I also looked at the 13 Accord V6 ex-l and was not impressed, nor was I impressed with the 13 Fusion.

Tre'
__________________
2013 2LTZ-19"wheels-20/20 tint
White Diamond Tricoat
mzodarg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Verified Chevy Representatives
 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,658
Gallery: 0
Default Re: rough ride new 2013 3LT

@love3lt, I’m sorry to read about your disappointment with your new 2013 Malibu. Please, feel free to see if the dealership has another 2013 Malibu in the same trim level that you can test drive to compare your vehicle to.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
__________________

Available Monday-Friday

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #6
love3lt
CMF Rookie Member
13 Malibu 3LT
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
Gallery: 0
Default Re: rough ride new 2013 3LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
@love3lt, I’m sorry to read about your disappointment with your new 2013 Malibu. Please, feel free to see if the dealership has another 2013 Malibu in the same trim level that you can test drive to compare your vehicle to.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

Sorry but I think my dealer is tired of dealing with me they already replaced the tires and I just want to know if it's normal to feel a lot of road at highway speeds of 70-75? I can feel most of it through the gas pedal or by putting my foot on the floor of the car. the front feels truck like at high ways speeds i call it vibrations but maybe its just a hard suspension and yes its on smooth pavement as far as i know.

I don't have time to test drive another car and my last car was Saturn Aura which was a smoother ride and it had 18" tires as well.

Last edited by love3lt; 01-17-2013 at 09:10 PM.
love3lt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 586
Gallery: 0
Default Re: rough ride new 2013 3LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenDaily View Post
What air pressure front/rear? What does the label on the car say?

Did you used to drive a car or truck?

There are a lot of folks on here who comment how much they like the ride quality, and one in particular bought the '13 'Bu over a '13 Honda Accord due to the better ride.

If yours is actually not up to par then yours may have an issue that needs attention. But first check on what you can do, such as tire pressures. On my Gen7 (2011) and on my former Gen7 (2009) the label said 30 psi but that was too splashy (to use a term from "The Bourne Identity" - thanks Jason!) and tended to wander too much. I experimented a little and run 36 front/34 rear when I check them. I also keep an eye on the DIC to see how the weather changes affect the cold pressures.

Hopefully it's just a tire inflation solution. If not, let us know what the dealer does to fix it or if they can't/won't and you choose to live with it. At any rate, please don't just get it fixed and then never return, okay?
When I had my 2010 Malibu, all the tires were filled at 30 PSI from the factory. I found that the ride quality was good, but I felt the alignment was slightly off. I brought it into the dealership and they said 30 PSI was not enough. They added 5 PSI to each tire to 35 PSI. I now have a Cruze and it was filled at the factory with 35 PSI.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #8
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 586
Gallery: 0
Default Re: rough ride new 2013 3LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by love3lt View Post
I just purchased a new 3LT a week ago and I didn't test drive it before I bought it (test drove 1lt) but I am not really impressed with the ride quality. I seem to feel a lot of bumps and at high way speeds i feel way to much road in the front end of the car and gas pedal. I took it to the dealer and reported vibration in gas pedal which they felt as well and they replaced the tires that helped a little for vibration but ride quality is poor but I don't know if this ride quality is normal. It has 18" tires.
Anyone with a 3LT chime in?
I'm not sure about this, but sometimes the higher models have a sports suspension. I currently have a Cruze and the 2LT and LTZ come standard with a sports suspension. It may be the same with the Malibu. You will definitely feel more bumps with a sports suspension. The 1LT that you test drove probably does not have the sports suspension, so you will get a better ride. I have a 1LT with the Cruze and it doesn't have the sports suspension.

I remember I had a 2004 Maxima and the standard model had the sports suspension. It drove like a brick. Very jarring ride. But it had larger (18 in) tires and nicer rims. The higher model did not have the sports suspension, but it had 17 in wheels and the rims were not as nice.

Definitely not a fan of the sports suspension. I know the handling is better, but I prefer a softer ride.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #9
sgalough
CMF Rookie Member
2013 Malibu 3LT
Blue Topaz Metalic
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7
Gallery: 0
Default Re: rough ride new 2013 3LT

I have the 2013 3LT with the 18" wheels as well. No complaints from me about the ride quality, love it!
sgalough is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #10
BobX2
CMF Junior Member
2011 Malibu 2LT
Summit White
 
BobX2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 75
Gallery: 0
Default Re: rough ride new 2013 3LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu2.0 View Post
On a side note, my brother and I took a road trip this week. He thought I was crazy to buy a $35k Chevrolet.
$35k for a Malibu? Your brother was right.
__________________
2011 2LT
Summit White
2.4L I4
18" Chrome Tech Wheels
BobX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My other ride n8ball2013 Other Rides 13 02-06-2011 02:10 PM
This is my other ride! JramsLTZ Other Rides 12 08-12-2010 05:59 PM
my ride ChadSpender Other Rides 11 03-30-2010 11:15 AM
My new ride!! 2010LTZ Malibu Ride Showoff (Generation 7) 36 03-14-2010 11:28 AM
My Ride in a 300 Jcol General Discussion (Generation 7) 6 02-06-2009 10:18 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
The Chevy Malibu Logo, Chevy Malibu Typeface and Chevy Logo are Trademark General Motors. We are in no way affiliated with General Motors, we are simply an enthusiasts' site.