Acceleration noise - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
Anne
CMF Rookie Member

Gallery: 0
Question Acceleration noise

Hello!
I did a search, but didn't find any posts that deal with my exact problem. I have a 2012 Malibu with 5,000 miles. When I press lightly on the gas pedal, I hear a fairly loud clicking coming from the right from engine area, not tire area. As soon as I take my foot off the gas, it stops. Press again, it starts. Does not do it with heavy acceleration, and does it at any speed, as long as the pressure is light. Electronic fuel injection issue? The sound is a bit electronic to my mind. I noticed the vibration thread, but I think this is different, even though there is a vibrating (sound, not feel) quality to it.
Anne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage
Default Re: Acceleration noise

Sounds like a good time to use your warranty at the dealers.

2013 Malibu ECO 1SA PCN pkg
White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
nutcrunch is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
cdliao
CMF Junior Member
2012 Malibu 2LT
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Hello!
I did a search, but didn't find any posts that deal with my exact problem. I have a 2012 Malibu with 5,000 miles. When I press lightly on the gas pedal, I hear a fairly loud clicking coming from the right from engine area, not tire area. As soon as I take my foot off the gas, it stops. Press again, it starts. Does not do it with heavy acceleration, and does it at any speed, as long as the pressure is light. Electronic fuel injection issue? The sound is a bit electronic to my mind. I noticed the vibration thread, but I think this is different, even though there is a vibrating (sound, not feel) quality to it.
Once a while, I also had this sound. I noted this when I was driving during a very long trip on highway and felt the engine had no power. After I filled the new gas, the sound seemed to become small. I took the car to dealer anyway, they said it was normal. I think bad gas may be one of the reasons.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #4
Anne
CMF Rookie Member

Interesting about the gas. I will keep that in mind! I did fill the tank recently. Also, it's been really cold here. Cold, as in -20 actual temp. Didn't drive the car when it was that cold, and yesterday, when I heard the noise, it was 15 degrees. Makes me wonder if the extreme cold actually affected the gas. I will definitely be taking it to the dealer.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Verified Chevy Representatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Hello!
Hi Anne,
If this is an issue you would like to have looked at, we recommend for you to take your vehicle in for a diagnostic test at your local dealership for more information. If you have any specific questions on your vehicle please feel free to private message me and I will be more than happy to look into this issue for you.

Please include your first & last name, phone number, VIN, mileage and dealership name. I look forward to hearing any updates you may have.

Thank you,
Sara
Chevrolet Customer Service

Available Monday-Friday

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #6
Anne
CMF Rookie Member

Wow. Sorry for posting. I was simply hoping someone had some insight before I can get to a dealer since the nearest one is 100 miles away. Sorry to have bothered you.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:38 AM   #7
DrivenDaily
Administrator
2011 3.6/ A6 LTZ
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Gallery: 6
Garage

Why are you so defensive? Nobody has insulted or demeaned you. They've been nothing but helpful. Suggesting that you take it to a dealer is just good form, especially considering the sparse info you've shared. Chill out, "Anne".

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof
Mods: WeatherTech mats, CHMSL Pulser

How-to: LEDs in mirrors :: How-to: 1-Wipe Wash
How-to: Remote express windows up/down

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles
Muffler mod on '09
DrivenDaily is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.