Vibration around 50 mph? Updated poll inside. - Page 32 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Vibration vote.
I have a V6 with the A6 and it DOES NOT vibrate. 33 15.57%
I have a V6 with the A6 and it DOES vibrate. 50 23.58%
I have a V6 with the A6 and it DID vibrate, but is basically fixed. 4 1.89%
I have a I4 with the A6 and it DOES NOT vibrate. 39 18.40%
I have a I4 with the A6 and it DOES vibrate. 36 16.98%
I have a I4 with the A6 and it DID vibrate, but is basically fixed. 4 1.89%
I have a I4 with the A4 and it DOES NOT vibrate. 25 11.79%
I have a I4 with the A4 and it DOES vibrate. 19 8.96%
I have a I4 with the A4 and it DID vibrate, but is basically fixed. 2 0.94%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2012, 05:46 AM   #311
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Verified Chevy Representatives

Gallery: 0
Default Re: Vibration around 50 mph? Updated poll inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuknrol404 View Post
have a 2012 with harmonic vibration around 50 took it in for 2000 mile check up they said nothing was wrong with it
I can understand how frustrating your entire situation can be. Please, feel free to take the vehicle to another GM dealership for a second opinion, if you would like.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

Available Monday-Friday

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 06:34 AM   #312
Silver LTZ
CMF Honorary Member

Gallery: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenDaily View Post
Find a way to repeat it on demand then go back and take them for another ride. There shouldn't be any vibrations or lurching while driving these cars. My '09 never did it but my '11 does. It's enough of a nuisance on long trips that I'm seriously considering getting a different vehicle altogether. I'm not paying over $20K for something that makes me feel like I'm experiencing an earthquake when I can get a better ride out of a rust bucket.
The unfixable vibration was the main reason I got rid of mine Bob. Everytime I drove the car it felt and rode like crap. I just couldn't take it anymore, and every dealer was clueless how to fix it.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #313
archery20
CMF Rookie Member
2012 Malibu 1LT
Blue

I have a 2012 I4 A6, and have been experiencing a vibration. My vibrations have only happened at very low speeds while SLOWLY accelerating. Usually when in heavy traffic and moving less than 10mph. If you just gradually accelerate from 1st or 2nd gear I get a wobble that comes seems to come from the front end, but I can't be sure. I just had the car in for the first oil change and tire rotation at aprrox 6k miles. I noticed this vibration before the rotation. It seems to be getting slightly worse the more miles I put on. The car was new on April 7th 2012, and I already have 7600+ miles. If I take off fast you barely feel it, if at all. But if you get at that just right speed it will wobble pretty good. I called the dealer and they want me to have my wife drop it off during the week, as they won't work on vibs on Saturdays. I would rather take it in myself and do the ride along if not drive it for them. I know most likely they will say they can't find anything so I want to do it for them, as I can get it to happen pretty regular. Has anyone else had the low speed vib, or just at higer speeds.
archery20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #314
08chevymalibultz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver LTZ View Post
The unfixable vibration was the main reason I got rid of mine Bob. Everytime I drove the car it felt and rode like crap. I just couldn't take it anymore, and every dealer was clueless how to fix it.

Silver,

I wish you the best and hope everything keeps going good for you.. I know many of us have had our differences in experience and opinions but at the end you kept everything Real / Honest!

Thanks!
08chevymalibultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #315
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Verified Chevy Representatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by archery20 View Post
I have a 2012 I4 A6, and have been experiencing a vibration. My vibrations have only happened at very low speeds while SLOWLY accelerating. Usually when in heavy traffic and moving less than 10mph. If you just gradually accelerate from 1st or 2nd gear I get a wobble that comes seems to come from the front end, but I can't be sure. I just had the car in for the first oil change and tire rotation at aprrox 6k miles. I noticed this vibration before the rotation. It seems to be getting slightly worse the more miles I put on. The car was new on April 7th 2012, and I already have 7600+ miles. If I take off fast you barely feel it, if at all. But if you get at that just right speed it will wobble pretty good. I called the dealer and they want me to have my wife drop it off during the week, as they won't work on vibs on Saturdays. I would rather take it in myself and do the ride along if not drive it for them. I know most likely they will say they can't find anything so I want to do it for them, as I can get it to happen pretty regular. Has anyone else had the low speed vib, or just at higer speeds.
I can understand your hesitancy in getting the vehicle to the dealership in fear of hearing they can't duplicate the concern or its normal, but by getting the vehicle into them you can make sure they properly document your concerns within the system. This can prove to be useful in the future if needed.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

Available Monday-Friday

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #316
pimpinLTZ
CMF Junior Member
2010 LTZ
Taupe Grey Metalic

Quote:
Originally Posted by archery20 View Post
My 2010 I4 A6 vibrations/wobbles started out happening around 15 mph at the top end of second gear with 5000 miles on the car. They progressively got worse from there over time. Started feeling roughness on the highway 65-75 mph @ around 10,000 miles, shaking/wobble while driving 40-45 started @ around 30,000.

Document everything! Be very persistent!
GM actually just bought my Malibu back last week. I went through the BBB autoline process. Took a long time and a lot of patience. I started the process back in the end of last November. One of the things I had to do as part of the process was to let them perform a service bulletin that just recently came out to address low speed vibration. Something to do with misaligned engine and trans, and out of ballance half shafts. It helped mine some, but not totally. Like a bandaid.
pimpinLTZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #317
borodave
CMF Rookie Member
2009 Malibu LT
grey

Is this thread still active? Can the dealers do anything? I bought a used '09 1LT and there's vibration in the steering wheel around 60 mph. I had the front wheels balanced. Didn't help.
borodave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #318
josh701blue
CMF Rookie Member
08 Malibu ltz
black

its your wheel bearing mine did the same and its coverd under warranty
josh701blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #319
CrazyHorst
CMF Rookie Member

Just joined up, just got my 09 Chevy Malibu 1LT Black on black, 2.4L with the A6...test drove it around the previous owner's house, got up to 60mph, great. Bought it and on the way home...irritating vibe around 75mph, making me feel like I got the former owner's problems. 34k on the odo but I would guess outside of the 3x36 warranty by virtue of being an '09 and this is '13.

I read thru the threads here and just wanted to put my stake in the dirt too.

Over the course of many repairs on my fleet of vehicles which have rolled up a lot of great miles, I've had a lot of bad ball joints. I've had a couple of bad wheel bearings. And I've fixed a lot of problems the previous owners never could...no reason to change, right?

So I'm going to start there on my Malibu. Do love the gas mileage...my first GM 4cyl

The vibe is inconsistent with some minutes being smooth as can be and others being shakey over smooth pavement. Which rules out tire and wheel issues as those don't come and go. The driver's side bearing appears more sensitive as its loaded up being the outside tire around a freeway curve on a sweeping right hander.
02 GMC Yukon 197k
09 Pontiac G8 V8 - 54k
09 Chevy Malibu 1LT 4cyl x 6spd - 34k

Last edited by CrazyHorst; 02-12-2013 at 06:01 PM.
CrazyHorst is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #320
villbill
CMF Rookie Member
2012 Malibu 1LT
Silver Ice

I have a 2012 LT1 4 cyl that I bought new in September 2012. Had a slight vibration above 60 MPH almost since day one. Called the salesman up and told him to put it on record. He said to put 500 miles on car before bringing it in.
Didnt end up bringing it in until about a month ago. They said they duplicated the problem and that 2 of the tires needed to be balanced,which they did.
It was no better on the ride home,so I called them up and told them I would be bringing it back and wanted a loaner so they could hold onto the car and fix it right. Also mentioned road force balancing to them.Took it back a week later,got the loaner and they had the car for a couple days. They said they replaced a tire that had excessive runout.
Got the car back about 10 days ago and it was about a 90% improvement. Not quite buttery smooth at higher speeds but a lot better than it was. Have put about 100 highway miles on it since but unfortunately felt the vibration again on the way home from work tonight,definitely not a good sign.
Also had a check engine light when the car was about 2 months old.I forget the code but it was the evaporative canister code. Had that same problem on my 2006 Silverado when it was 3 years old,a month out of warranty but they fixed it for no charge,but that was a different dealer.

To Be Continued

villbill
villbill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.