2010 LTZ Replacement Tires for Florida - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
krrose27
CMF Rookie Member
Silver Ice

Gallery: 0
Default 2010 LTZ Replacement Tires for Florida

Hey guys:

So I'm at about 34.5k miles on my 2010 LTZ on the stock LS-2s....

They where decent tires... Traction was kinda unimpressive.... (may also be that even after driving 30k miles I'm not use to a car...)

When I took my car in at around 30k they said I would probably need new ones by 36k and I keep noticing traction getting worse and worse...

So I'm looking at new tires...

I'm in Florida and don't take my car out of state.... So...

I'm wondering if I should maybe look at a summer timer? or stick with an all season? any ideas?

(price isn't a huge concern... Still would like to get a good value for what I spend...)

Looking at tire rack...
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=EA1&...&tab=All&EAF=Y

Last edited by krrose27; 02-14-2013 at 11:22 PM.
krrose27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
cp-the-nerd
CMF Veteran Member
2009 Malibu 2LT V6
Red Jewel

Send a message via AIM to cp-the-nerd
Default Re: 2010 LTZ Replacement Tires for Florida

I want to start by saying you're way too kind to the Good Year Eagle LS2s. They are some of the worst tires on the market. Terrible in the rain and snow, loud, poor tread life, and they have mediocre grip and handling even in dry weather.

Also, just FYI: summer tires tend to have short tread life, like 30k miles, so I'm going to suggest some all-season tires.

If you have the V6:
Michelin MXM4 - 55k mile warranty, quiet, great grip and handling, very good in rain. (I have these, they're awesome.)

If you have the 4-cylinder:
Michelin Defender - 80k mile warranty, quiet, comfy, excels in adverse conditions like rain, not as sporty as the MXM4s but much better than LS2s.

2009 2LT V6 Red Jewel
w/Factory Fogs, Lip Spoiler,
Black Calipers, Chrome-Tech 18s
cp-the-nerd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #3
Steve_AZ
CMF Junior Member
2011 Malibu 1LT
Silver IceMetallic

I'm very pleased so far with my Cooper CS4 Touring tires - they are the T-rated with an 80k treadlife warranty (780 treadwear rating), traction A, temperature A. I had the same tires on a minivan previously and was also happy with their performance and longevity.
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=225

I've read reports where people are not pleased with them in the snow, but for AZ and FL that's a non-issue.
Steve_AZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
Malo83
CMF Veteran Member
08 Malibu LTZ
White

Gallery: 5

Have to disagree, have been happy with my LS2's, currently at 29K on mine with no problems, lot of tread left, although i'm not an agressive driver or lead footed the LS2's' never left me hanging whenever I needed to get on it

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Malo83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #5
krrose27
CMF Rookie Member
Silver Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp-the-nerd View Post
I want to start by saying you're way too kind to the Good Year Eagle LS2s. They are some of the worst tires on the market. Terrible in the rain and snow, loud, poor tread life, and they have mediocre grip and handling even in dry weather.

Also, just FYI: summer tires tend to have short tread life, like 30k miles, so I'm going to suggest some all-season tires.

If you have the V6:
Michelin MXM4 - 55k mile warranty, quiet, great grip and handling, very good in rain. (I have these, they're awesome.)

If you have the 4-cylinder:
Michelin Defender - 80k mile warranty, quiet, comfy, excels in adverse conditions like rain, not as sporty as the MXM4s but much better than LS2s.
If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for your MXM4's?

No one has them in stock and they don't want to back order them from Michelin.. Sams, Costco, Tirekingdom, Tire Rack.. except Sears who wants like $1,050....
Old 02-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #6
cp-the-nerd
CMF Veteran Member
2009 Malibu 2LT V6
Red Jewel

Mine were just over $800, but I got employee price and free installation because my dad is a Cadillac master tech. If you want good tires, that's what it's gonna cost. There are plenty of cheaper options, but you get what you pay for. The MXM4s are all-seasons designed for sporty luxury cars like Audi, Acura, Buick, and Cadillac.

2009 2LT V6 Red Jewel
Old 02-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
jgilius
CMF Junior Member
2010 Malibu LTZ
Imperial Blue

Send a message via Yahoo to jgilius

Michelin HydroEdges worked awesome on my 07 Impala, and will be finding a home on my '10 Malibu's 18 inch rims before summer. The LS2's have been nothing short of crap with 33K on the clock with 2 hard months of Michigan winter driving. I'd burn these tires if it was legal. The HydroEdge is a low rolling resistance tire (GreenX), high mileage (80K IIRC) and lockdown good in heavy rain (yeah, we get the worst of the weather here). Peace, John
jgilius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #8
cp-the-nerd
CMF Veteran Member
2009 Malibu 2LT V6
Red Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgilius View Post
Michelin HydroEdges worked awesome on my 07 Impala, and will be finding a home on my '10 Malibu's 18 inch rims before summer. The LS2's have been nothing short of crap with 33K on the clock with 2 hard months of Michigan winter driving. I'd burn these tires if it was legal. The HydroEdge is a low rolling resistance tire (GreenX), high mileage (80K IIRC) and lockdown good in heavy rain (yeah, we get the worst of the weather here). Peace, John
Hydroedge is a very good tire. They are going out of production in favor of the Defender, I believe. They can be found at clearance prices, like $600 for a set.

However, like I said, you get what you pay for. Both the Defender and MXM4 are better tires. The MXM4 is sportier and better suited to the V6.

2009 2LT V6 Red Jewel
Old 03-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #9
krrose27
CMF Rookie Member
Silver Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp-the-nerd View Post
Hydroedge is a very good tire. They are going out of production in favor of the Defender, I believe. They can be found at clearance prices, like $600 for a set.

However, like I said, you get what you pay for. Both the Defender and MXM4 are better tires. The MXM4 is sportier and better suited to the V6.
The price isn't a big issue. I'm just being quoted like $820 everywhere else and sears is $200 dollar more.

I was just wondering if that happens to be because that's what their price actually should be.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #10
cp-the-nerd
CMF Veteran Member
2009 Malibu 2LT V6
Red Jewel

I'd say to hold off for a month for the tires to be in stock. You can keep track of them on TireRack.com, they usually update tire listings to say whether they're in stock or on back order.

2009 2LT V6 Red Jewel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.