Missfire code cylinder 6 CEL, again - Page 3 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:10 AM   #21
Animal84
CMF Rookie Member
2011 Malibu LTZ
White

Gallery: 0
Default Re: Missfire code cylinder 6 CEL, again

The same exact thing happened to me. Miss-fire cylinder 6. First time it went in the tried some sort of top end cleaner. That didn't work so back in it went. Then I get the call from the SM saying they need to replace a cylinder head. I will be on my way this morning to pick up the car as the repairs are now complete.
Animal84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #22
greenman
ASE Certified Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal84 View Post
The same exact thing happened to me. Miss-fire cylinder 6. First time it went in the tried some sort of top end cleaner. That didn't work so back in it went. Then I get the call from the SM saying they need to replace a cylinder head. I will be on my way this morning to pick up the car as the repairs are now complete.
How many miles on your 3.6l?

I'd be interested to find out specifically what that problem was.

Last edited by greenman; 02-17-2013 at 12:32 PM.
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #23
greenman
ASE Certified Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich09ltz View Post
oh, was reading this with great interest as i had very similar symptoms in my 2009 LTZ (only i have the 4 cylinder). Mine was rough idle and get the ESC lights and traction control lights at low idle, engine warm. My bro had a scan tool and got P302 misfire (cylinder #2), we're pretty handy so we swapped coils and plugs, but not injectors. Had no effect. Brought it in for service, low compression in #2. They took the head off and its our for machining now. So i've been without the car all week. i was figuring why not just give me a new cylinder head? but i see, they have to have probably cause. So if i come back, i guess that's what they'll do. 88k on the odo, so i'm still in the powertrain warranty. How long of a warranty did they give you on the parts that were replaced?
On the '05 - '09 2.2l & 2.4l ecotecs, valve seats are failing:

http://www.cartruckinfo.com/engine-m...ough-idle.html

Last edited by greenman; 02-17-2013 at 04:37 PM.
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #24
Animal84
CMF Rookie Member
2011 Malibu LTZ
White

I have 27,000 miles on it. Just picked it up this morning and seems to be running fine but found a 2inch long scratch on the front fender . So tomorrow I will be going back. I didn't get to speak to a service advisor today. The only thing they told me previously is that GM told them that they were seeing this issue and they need to replace the cylinder head.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #25
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Verified Chevy Representatives

Quote:
I have 27,000 miles on it. Just picked it up this morning and seems to be running fine but found a 2inch long scratch on the front fender . So tomorrow I will be going back. I didn't get to speak to a service advisor today. The only thing they told me previously is that GM told them that they were seeing this issue and they need to replace the cylinder head.
Animal84,
So sorry to hear about the fender scratch. Please keep us up to date on your vehicle's progress.

Thank you,
Sara
Chevrolet Customer Service

Available Monday-Friday

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 03:59 AM   #26
Animal84
CMF Rookie Member
2011 Malibu LTZ
White

Dropped the car off at the dealer last night. The remote start sometimes works and sometime it doesn't. This was an issue before the cylinder head. Hope fully they can fix it since it did it in front of the service manager and hopefully they will take care of the scratch also this trip in.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:19 AM   #27
DrivenDaily
Administrator
2011 3.6/ A6 LTZ
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Gallery: 6
Garage
Cool Re: Missfire code cylinder 6 CEL, again

Quote:
Dropped the car off at the dealer last night. The remote start sometimes works and sometime it doesn't. This was an issue before the cylinder head. Hope fully they can fix it since it did it in front of the service manager and hopefully they will take care of the scratch also this trip in.
Lemme know how that remote start repair goes. Mine has been intermittent the whole 34,000 miles I've had it and they say it's my wiring. I think it could be a contributor, but with all the other ones out there having the same issue I think the ball's in their court to fix it.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof
Mods: WeatherTech mats, CHMSL Pulser

How-to: LEDs in mirrors :: How-to: 1-Wipe Wash
How-to: Remote express windows up/down

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles
Muffler mod on '09
DrivenDaily is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #28
Animal84
CMF Rookie Member
2011 Malibu LTZ
White

They ended up changing out the Body control module this past Monday and so far so good on the remote start. But during the week we noticed that the heater was stuck on defrost and the temp was also stuck on hot. The only thing that worked was the fan control. Also the car developed and strange noise coming from the steering column. So this morning it was back to the dealer I went. I was told that the heater unit was confused and the reset it that now does seem to work properly. As for the steering noise, the car is being dropped off for Tuesday to have a steering rack put in it I'm tempted to have this car painted yellow .
Old 03-03-2013, 05:01 AM   #29
DrivenDaily
Administrator
2011 3.6/ A6 LTZ
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Gallery: 6
Garage

When you have it painted are you gonna put the dimply skin on it as well? And which end will have the stem coming out of it?

Sorry to hear you're having so many issues.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof
Mods: WeatherTech mats, CHMSL Pulser

How-to: LEDs in mirrors :: How-to: 1-Wipe Wash
How-to: Remote express windows up/down

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles
Muffler mod on '09
DrivenDaily is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #30
Animal84
CMF Rookie Member
2011 Malibu LTZ
White

Hopefully this will be it for a long time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.