My new 2013 Malibu Eco - The RATT - Page 2 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #11
chevyorange
CMF Veteran Member
2013 Malibu Eco 2SA
Grey Metallic Taup

Gallery: 0
Send a message via MSN to chevyorange Send a message via Yahoo to chevyorange Send a message via Skype™ to chevyorange
Default Re: My new 2013 Malibu Eco - The RATT

Yeah, I orginally wanted black but the salesman said he had a 2011 that was black (I never had a flat black car before) and when I asked him if it was as much a pain as everyone said, he said, "YES!"

So I'm glad I got the black interior and a nice dark color outside. I just didn't want silver or that tan metallic color or white. I still think the car looks great in the darker colors including black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #12
DrivenDaily
Administrator
2011 3.6/ A6 LTZ
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Gallery: 6
Garage

I had a BGM - black granite metallic - '09 and it wasn't a chore at all to keep it looking nice. I didn't do anything special to it at all and everyone at work kept telling me how nice it looked all the time.

I now have an RJT - red jewel tintcoat - '11 and same story. They tell me how nice it always looks and I don't do anything special to it. Heck, I even take through the touch-type drive thru car washes! Once a year I do the clay bar, scratch remover, swirl remover, and wax. Turns out looking like new for a week or two and then back to "normal", and everyone at work just marvels, saying I must work real hard to keep it that way. They don't believe me when I tell them I really don't do anything special.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof
Mods: WeatherTech mats, CHMSL Pulser

How-to: LEDs in mirrors :: How-to: 1-Wipe Wash
How-to: Remote express windows up/down

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles
Muffler mod on '09
DrivenDaily is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #13
chevyorange
CMF Veteran Member
2013 Malibu Eco 2SA
Grey Metallic Taup

Send a message via MSN to chevyorange Send a message via Yahoo to chevyorange Send a message via Skype™ to chevyorange

Oh, I was talking about a non-metallic black car.

Metallic cars I've owned always have been easier to take care of. But the flat colors I've had, the darker the worse it shows dings and flaws.

I can tell my car is going to be easier to keep clean.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #14
DarkMali08
CMF Senior Member
2013 Malibu LTZ
CARBON BLACK MET

Yea sorry I wasn't specific the color I ended up with is the carbon black metallic my last 08 malibu was also the same color. I love the color but wanted something a little different but when I saw the new malibu in the same color it looked just as good if not better than my older so I went with it. Had it buffed and waxed once so far and it's really not bad to keep clean at all and when it's clean it looks damn good lol
DarkMali08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #15
chevyorange
CMF Veteran Member
2013 Malibu Eco 2SA
Grey Metallic Taup

Yes, I was wondering how long I should wait before I get it waxed the first time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.