Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2008 Malibu LS "Luxury Sport"

9K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  beach 
#1 · (Edited)
Yes, the title is misleading (I have not yet had the time to do much to it), but here is a gallery of the photos I have taken of the Malibu.

Dave Kirk Automotive Promo
Front View 1
Front View 2
Angled Shot 1
Angled Shot 2
Shifter / Center Console
I See The Light
Rear View
Represent
Ecotech, Beats Those Prehistoric Fourtecs!
Rear Trunk Shot

A few base characteristics:

Visual Alterations
Window Tint by Keltint, Crossville
Front two passenger windows are 35% tint, acrylic
Rear two passenger and back windows are 20% tint, acrylic

Front Driver's Window
Back Driver's Window

Performance Alterations
Front Fascia "Bottom Guard"
-Explanation: I found a chromed aluminum tailgate handle from a 1998 F-150 and drilled a hole in the exact middle. I sized the hole based on the size of a bolt already existing on the Malibu to hold the front fascia/kit in place. This has successfully prevented any damage from bottoming out, scraping parking blocks, and curbing when parking.
Angle 1
Angle 2

WeatherTech Cargo Liner
-Explanation: Since I was and still am a truck guy, I find myself hauling dirty and damaging material that would normally rip passenger vehicles to shreds. I purchased the cargo liner and had a warranty with it to prevent any damage to the trunk area of the Malibu. Thus far, a great success!
Outside Shot 1
Outside Shot 2
How It is Secured 1
How It is Secured 2

Scars / Damage
It is a sad day when one has to make a section over viewing the damages done to their vehicles, but I can honestly say I had no part in them. My vehicle was clipped in a parking lot on campus one day, leaving behind a large scar and a broken bumper. After fixing the bumper with some *******-engineering, I sought out to at least lessen the eyesore that was the damage. Here are some before and after pictures.
Damage 1
Damage 2
Repaired 1
Repaired 2
Repaired 3

See less See more
#3 ·
Which ones? I just clicked on a random one (Repaired 2) and it worked fine...what is wrong with them?

#5 ·
Did you repair them? When I couldn't open them I looked into editing your post with the intention of repairing the links, if possible, and noticed none of the Photobucket links were listed. I just checked again and they're there. :confused:

Maybe I opened your post too soon after you posted it. I don't know, it's all working now. So, I'll be going back to enjoy them. :)

#7 ·
You probably tried it when I first put up the post, and I was organizing the links (so I excluded the hyperlink portion). I then edited it in with the new links and new photos.

As for "how to" on the guard in the front bumper, it's a simple 3 dollar project (unless you need to buy a power drill and a socket set) and pretty self-explanatory. As for the bumper repair, if anyone has any questions just ask me and I could walk you through it. Sure, it isn't pretty but it seems to be holding up very well and, through review of my dealer does not void the bumper-to-bumper warranty with exception to if it was to break again; I'd be SOL and have to repair it myself or pay for the repair (Quoted at 122 dollars!)

#9 ·
You will not be disappointed :) I would also suggest the cargo nets as well. I just got them in the dealer and they are wonderful!

#11 ·
They are from WeatherTech.

Go to google and type in Weather Tech, and it'll come up. I actually believe it is "weathertech.com". At the main menu select "CARGO LINERS" from their list of items and look for the 2008 Saturn Aura or 2008 Chevy Malibu, they are 100% identical and my receipt (though I struggled to get the Malibu one on the site) even says SAT AURA 4DR CARGO LINER on the receipt.

It is around 120 dollars shipped in the states, and well worth the investment if you want that protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.