Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

06 Malibu LS Alarm going off on it's own

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ectar 
#1 ·
Hello.

First forum post. Thank you for reading and helping out.

My family owns a 06 Malibu LS. This evening the car alarm just started going off on it's own. I went to go check it out and didn't seem like it was broken into. It went off about 5 times. The car was locked when it would go off. What I ended up doing was leaving it in unlocked due to the fact that it was 2 AM, was waking up neighborhood. The light on the dashboard indicated it was locked.

I don't have fob to lock/unlock. I have to do everything maunually. The warranty has expired as well. It was raining throughout the day, not sure if it has to do with moisture.

I'm really not comfortable leaving it unlocked, but it seemes to be working so far. Any ideas or advice?

Greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum, 06ChevMalibuLS! I’m sorry to read about your experience you’re going through with your 2006 Malibu. It seems that you might have something going on with the electrical system some where, but I’m not a technician to provide you with diagnostics. There are many members of the forum that will provide you with avenues to try since you would like to take care of this on your own. Please, don’t hesitate to contact your local Chevrolet dealership for further assistance if needed.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

#3 ·
Thank you Michelle.

While I have you on here. I was reading through some treads earlier about power steering. I am also having issues with this. It's been ongoing. I received a letter over the Summer from GM about power steering issues with this car. What would you advise me to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.