Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

First mod completed on the malibu this weekend.

10K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  ChicagoMalibu2009 
#1 ·
15% tint all the way around, thank you to my Eye Dr. for making this legal!! :D Also got the SS tinted at the same time.

See less See more
#6 ·
Is that the lazy way? Just because its harder to get in there? I bought the film and am DIY when i get a free saturday. I was thinking about doing that because it looks cool then decided it wasn't worth the effort. And now you say its lazy... hmmm.

I guess to me contorting my body for a longer period of time is easier than working with a thin film im paranoid about ruining :)

#9 ·
I'm of the opinion that I'd rather have the light NOT tinted since it's there to be seen, not shaded. But when they did my tinting they covered my light. No biggie, didn't have them undo it, but if I ever get another tint job I hope I remember to ask them to leave the CHMSL open so it can be seen better.

I believe it would take more time to trim around it than to slide the film between it and the glass, but I've never done it so I'm probably way off base. Either way, even though it looks more even with the whole glass tinted, I still would prefer to have the light un-tinted just for the sake of safety.

My 2c.

#12 ·
My first opinion was the same -- It would be harder to trim.

Im not going to trim, because I'd prefer the look and agree that not too much light is lost(especially at night when it's most important). It's surprising that the deck might have to come off... Im sure ill be able to shiimy in there with a tool of some sort HOPEFULLY.

I guess ill find out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.