Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Proud new 2013 Malibu owner

15K views 47 replies 8 participants last post by  Chevrolet Customer Svc 
#1 · (Edited)
Just traded our 06 Dark Ming Blue Malibu LT in tonight for a 2013 White Diamond Tricoat Malibu 1SA with the power convenience package. Paid about $2000 less than sticker and also got $8500 trade in out of our 06.
They also tried to make me pay about an extra $600 for lifetime nitrogen tire refills, locking lug nuts, window etching and pinstriping haha.... umm no. They did throw it in anyways :D
Picking it up tomorrow as they had just got it in and it hadn't been inspected yet. They gave us another 2013 malibu without the power convenience package to drive until we pick up ours.
Can't wait!

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. Post up some pictures when you have a chance! :D

#3 ·
Thanks but I've been here a while just lurking mostly. ;)
Supposed to rain today so probably can't get pics but I'll try.

#7 ·
Nice looking ride! Nice color! The power convenience package is sweet too.

I'm going out on a limb and saying you're in VA? (I won't mention where, though) That dealership looks familiar as I used to live down that way.

#8 · (Edited)
We bought it and yep it's in Virginia ;)

I want to get the windows tinted now, I think it would look nice with the White Diamond Tricoat paint.

I just found out there is more storage space under the cup holders in the console. This car has a bunch of little hidden compartments. 1 on the bottom of the dash to the left of the steering wheel (like our 06 and probably all Malibus) 1 in the roof for glasses, 1 behind the radio, 1 under the cup holders and I didn't notice till the salesman showed us there are small openings on each side of the console for maybe cds or whatever.

#12 ·
Tried to get a night interior shot but it looks kinda crappy

Played with the bluetooth iphone integration and I can start playing music on the iphone then select bluetooth audio on the radio and the iphone music will play on the car radio, same with Pandora. I can also plug it into the USB jack and have a better interface to play the ipod and pandora plus the pause and play buttons work. They wopuld only work when they wanted to on the car using bluetooth.
Bluetooth seems to want you to control it via iphone or whatever while plugging it in only lets you control it via car radio.
It is going to be nice traveling and listening to Pandora. :thumbsup:
We have 3 months free satellite radio and it is nice also.

#15 · (Edited)
Yep it is supposed to work with Android phones as well.

Here's some manuals and videos on the 2013 Malibu
http://www.chevrolet.com/owners/chevy-manuals/
Just change the year to 2013 after clicking the link

Thanks for the compliments :)

#17 ·
Thanks! loving the car so far. The guy at the tint shop said this was the first 2013 Malibu he has seen and said it looked really nice.

#18 ·
I noticed your post about getting your windows tinted. While I like the idea of tinted windows, I thought that it was something that I had to opt for when I purchased the car - to get the actual glass itself tinted rather than application of a film. I had DIY tinted windows from back in the high school days on my mind that bubbled and looked absolutely horrible.

What kind do you recommend? Do they bubble and show wear over time? How much does it cost?

I am very interested.

#22 ·
Your car looks great MyMalibu13!

Did you wax it?
I just came back in from washing the car. I haven't put any wax on it yet. I'm going to stick with the bottle of Meguiars Ultimate Wax I have. May put some on it tomorrow but I'd like to clay it first.

#24 ·
Well get some more pics tomorrow.
Don't forget to put the pics in your garage. Just look up top of this page and click the garage link.

#26 · (Edited)
Here is several of the Engine Compartment. Unfortunately i didn't get to take any of the Trunk. The wife has it full already and i was just too lazy to take it all out and put it back. That would have been a chore. :eek:

The first pic is the small electric motor. The orange hose in the second pic goes between the eAssist motor and the Lithium-ion battery in the trunk.

Attachments

#30 · (Edited)
Glad to have a local around :)

By the way, I love that White Diamond. It looks "bold and sassy". We first looked at one but the price was in upper range for the ECO and we just didn't want to put up the extra dollars just for a few more features that we didn't think mattered. This one has enough features to keep us happy. I'm and old dude and somewhat "old school". With that being said, i just don't need those unwanted features that push the sticker into the 30k area.

#31 ·
Yea I love it now too. I wasn't even going to look at it since we were going after either the grey one or the silver but then my wife decided she wanted the back up camera and the grey one didn't have it and the silver was just sold so that led us to the White Diamond one.

#37 ·
I feel kinda dumb saying this but I got about 4 hours of sleep total the first 2 nights we bought this car. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.