Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2005 Chevy Malibu LS DIC/Radio Screen Problem

13K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Chevrolet Customer Svc 
#1 ·
This evening while getting ready to leave from work, I went to skip through a track on the cd I was listening to. It jumped a couple seconds through the song then the screen itself lit up, displaying every possible character on every area of the screen. It loops through the whole set in seconds and continued on no matter what you press on the radio or dic buttons. Anyone experience this problem with the display going haywire? The normal static icons such as a cd/temp/ptype all light up like they should when a buttons pressed but the dynamic portion of the screen for time/track/station cycles four lines of the same character at a time and those sets changing in milliseconds.

Drove me mad on the drive home, especially when it cycles to all square boxes instead of characters as this creates an extra light flash from the screen.
Going to see if it still does it tomorrow after being off over night.

But if it should still be occurring any thoughts on how to fix it? besides replacing the unit, which ill just buy a different player and a small dic unit that you can use with a 1 din player. Or forget it and go with a double din DVD player.
Guess ill have to depend on noticing the malibu steering like a tank should the power steering go out. *thumbs up to the GM letter*
Cant get the handy DIC warning when it conveniently goes haywire after that handy letter. Conspiracy I say.

See less See more
#2 ·
*UPDATE*
It would appear that being powered off with the car overnight remedied the problem for now. Atleast it hasnt become a permanent malfunction.

#3 ·
That actually sounds like the same thing that happened to my 2007 mallibu I just got yesterday... except for I was setting a radio station to a preset button, and it went haywire displaying random characters... somthing like this: "#0.9< #$%%#" also it flashes randomly and cycles through characters.

Happened the night I bought the darn thing.
Leaving it overnight it did go back to normal, but went haywire again after pressing the info button.
Anyweays, dont know if any of this is related but let me know what happened?
jd.
2007 mallibu 2.4 4cyl LS only 28,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.