Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2010 chevy malibu 2lt

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Starship 
#1 ·
my girlfriend just purchased a 2010 chevy malibu 2lt and i am installing my old speaker system in it for her. she does not have an after market radio so i had to purchase a fierce filc20 hi-lo convertor and the problem is i cannot find a wiring diagram for the radio ANYWHERE... i looked at the other posts that have them on here and when i look at them the wires do not seem to match up in the other diagrams i have all the right wires except for on which is the LR- which is supposed to be brown but all i have is brown with a white stripe down it. anyone think they can help me with this?

#3 ·
Sorry took so long to get back on here buut it is the UW5 code and I need the wiring diagram for the radio I'm trying to figure out which wires are the are for the rear speakers and which wire I shoukd hook up the amp remote wire to also thanks

#4 ·
The RPO code UW5 is the standard 6-speaker system. Get the schematics from DrivenDaily's Dropbox archive (peruse one of his excellent how-to articles for the link) and then look at Fig. 73 and Fig. 74. On Fig. 73, the radio shows 14-pin connector X1 on top and 16-pin connector X2 in the middle. Be sure to identify the connector first, then the wire. That said, I don't understand why you need to hack into the factory harness (if that's what you're doing). Shouldn't you be looking at the back of the rear speakers?

On the amplifier remote signal voltage, locate ACCESSORY RELAY on Fig. 56 and see which fuse fed by it you want to tap into with an add-a-circuit. They are located in the instrument panel fuse block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.