Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Does the 2010 chevy malibu 1lt come standard with satellite radio and onstar?

20K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Oncewasarental 
#1 ·
Hi i just finaced a 2010 chevy malibu 1lt and it doesnt have xm satellite radio it has the buttons but its not equipped. Im just wondering if all malibus with this trim level has satellite radio, i also dont have bluetooth or onstar i thought all this trim level comes standard with all these features can anyone help me understand this im confused?

#2 ·
We had a discussion pertaining to this once before. Check out this thread..

http://www.chevymalibuforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7561&highlight=xmradio

It could be you have a vehichle that was government or rental vehichle and sometimes they order vehicles without these options. There is a customer service rep on our forum that if she chimes in she can find out via your VIN # if yours was built with it or not.

#5 ·
It would probably be very expensive to have the factory versions of these systems retrofitted into this vehicle.

You may have to look into 3rd party aftermarket systems.

I have seen a few people in this forum who have had there factory audio system for aftermarket systems and I am sure some of them had XM or Sirius available.

OnStar has just come out in the last week or so with an add on system that can be installed into almost any make or model vehicle. Be careful and read about this system before running out to buy and install this system in your vehicle, it is very stripped down when compared to the factory installed version. For example it does not have remote door unlock feature. It does have the Bluetooth interface however.

#6 ·
Thanks for information im kinda bummed out by this, i now feel like i mad a big mistake in financing a used rental car it doesnt have all the features all the other cars have, i feel like i rusehd into buying a car and really didnt look around i guess i will have to deal with this car now

#9 ·
Ummmm.... I don't think the issue is as much as being a used rental car as it was that you bought it, then checked it out. I bought a used Avis rental '10 LTZ with every option except a sunroof & a V6.

Then again, I had 8 months to get familiar with the car before I told Avis that I wanted to buy it! :eek:

Don't feel bad about your purchase - a 1LT is still a nice car, and as others have already pointed out, there's some decent aftermarket car stereo/GPS/etc equipment out there to give you what you want.

#7 ·
I don't think you really made a mistake you can add onstar fmv, and xm radio so it's not like you would totally be without those features

#10 ·
Personally I have both on my '06 and neither are activated as I don't want to pay for them. I have about 1 more month with onstar on the truck, as they offered me a freebie so I took it. I think they are both nice to have, but not requirements for me, but then I don't have cable or satellite TV either.

Onstar has come out with an aftermarket version I hear is pretty decent.

#12 · (Edited)
I hate to jump in and hijack here, but I am right there with ya. I bought a 10' 1LT, under the assumption that I could get a subscription with XM. I was digging thought all this paperwork that came with the car and saw the original registration card from South Carolina, and it said "Fleet Number"...with a number in it. I now know it was a rental. So I was researching on here and read this post and the one that was linked here.

After reading the other issues with fleet cars and xm/onstar...I figured I have the same problem. I then realized my GM Certified Used Vehicle paper thing says "XM Satellite Radio", but I still cannot get to an XM mode on the radio. The band bounces between AM and FM. When I push "CAT" it says something about XM.

I wonder if the dealership can help me out with this.

#13 ·
Well, in the spirit of getting what was advertised, a trip into the sales department with that info in hand might prove successful in resolving your dilemma. Remember, ya get more flies with honey than vinegar.

But sometimes ya just gots ta use tha vinegar!

#14 ·
I believe there is a delete option for both the XM radio and OnStar on a fleet order. Look at the SPID label in the trunk and see if there is RPO codes U2J, U2K, UE0 or UE1. U2K is with XM radio and U2J is without. UE0 is without OnStar and UE1 is with it. I think RPO code 1FL is a fleet order. Give me a full VIN and I can tell you for sure. Any vehicle ordered that is NOT a retail order, like a government or fleet type order may have different opton content than the vehicle you and I buy on the dealer lot. Only way to know is run the VIN of a specific vehicle and see exactly what the content is.

#15 ·
1G1ZC5E04A4106572 is my VIN. In the morning I am gonna check out the code in the trunk.

...and believe me...I am gonna show them this paper. I called the dealership earlier, and was given a number to call Chevrolet, which turned out to be there roadside assisstance. So then I got a number to call GM directly. From there, I was directed to call XM customer service. I spole to someone there and they transfered me to some girl. I tried to explain everything, and what I did, and she had me do everything over again...and some dumb stuff like holding the button with the music note down, and then holding "band" and "cat" down for 10 seconds. None of them did anything...so I just hung up. Gave up for the day.

Thanks in advance for checking that VIN

#16 · (Edited)
I'd be willing to bet you don't have XM on your car. XM should fire up to the advertising station if nothing else. Mine does and I have not activated it ever. XM does on occasion to get me to buy XM, but I have never otherwise activated it.

My truck is the same way, it "should " have had XM, but since I have the base model with basic AM/FM/Clock, XM is excluded.

It depends which "fleet" purchased it. 95% of all "certified preowned" GM's are former rental cars. The title you should have gotten from the dealership should have had the previous owner. What is funny is that my car was a former Alamo rental car. It only had 82XX miles and 10 months on it when I got it and to this day, Carfax says it has no rental history.

#18 ·
Vehicle Information
VIN: 1G1ZC5E04A4106572 Model: 1ZH69-2010 MALIBU LT SEDAN
Service Contract: No Branded Title: No Warranty Block: No PDI Status: Yes
Order Type: 50 - FLEET
Field Actions: 0 Open

Vehicle Build
Model: 1ZH69-2010 MALIBU LT SEDAN Order Number: NKWXHM
Gross Vehicle Weight: 1,992 Build Date: 08/04/2009
Build Plant: 4-

Option Codes
*IVH is not the definitive source of GM Vehicle RPO information and is intended for service reference only. Should there be any questions about the vehicle's original build or RPO information please refer to the original vehicle invoice or window sticker.

17U - SILVER ICE METALLIC 1LT - 1LT PACKAGE
1SZ - OPTION PACKAGE DISCOUNT 6AL - FRONT SPRING
7AL - FRONT SPRING 83B - TITANIUM
83I - INTERIOR TRIM 8AB - REAR SPRING
9AB - REAR SPRING AL0 - SENSOR INDICATOR
AP8 - REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY, EXTENDED RANGE AS5 - SEAT, FRONT BKT
AT8 - RESTRAINT, CHILD RR SEAT AXJ - VEHICLE TYPE PASSENGER CAR
AY0 - SIDE IMPACT AIRBAGS, DRIVER AND FRONT PASSENGER B0P - GM PRODUCTION WEEK #32
B37 - FLOOR MATS C1U - ENTERPRISE RENT A CAR
C60 - AIR CONDITIONING D49 - POWER OUTSIDE MIRRORS
EF7 - COUNTRY - USA FE0 - SUSPENSION SYSTEM-ACTIVE
FE9 - 50-STATE EMISSIONS FLT - FLEET PROCESSING OPTION
FXK - RATIO TRANSAXLE FINL DRIVE2.89 HP0 - HYBRID POPULSION NOT INSTALLED
IBB - INTERIOR TRIM JL9 - 4-WHEEL ANTI-LOCK DISC BRAKES W/TRACTION CONTROL
KB7 - TAPSHIFT MANUAL SHIFT CONTROL KG7 - GENERATOR 125 AMPS
LE9 - ENGINE, 2.4L VVT DOHC 4CYL MH8 - TRANSMISSION, 6-SPEED AUTOMATIC TAPSHIFT MANUAL SHIFT CONTROL
N45 - STEERING WHEEL NT7 - EMISSION SYSTEM FEDERAL, TIER 2
ORN - ORION P22 - 17" WHEELS, FASCIA SPOKE
Q9A - COVER, WHEEL BRIGHT QGG - TIRE
R6F - IDENTIFY B-CODE USERS R9N - PROCESSING CODE
U2J - DELETE XM SATELLITE RADIO U77 - ANTENNA RR WINDOW
UE0 - ONSTAR DELETE UJM - TIRE PRESS INDICATOR MANUAL
UK3 - STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS US8 - AM/FM STEREO, CD PLAYER, MP3 FORMAT, RADIO DATA SYSTEM & AUXILIARY INPUT JACK
UW5 - 6-SPEAKER SOUND SYSTEM V8D - VEHICLE STATEMENT US
VQ2 - FLEET ORDERING AND ASSISTANCE VX7 - LONG TERM DAILY RENTAL PROGRAM
XL7 - FREQUENCIES RATING 315MHZ ZFH - COMPACT SPARE TIRE AND JACK ASSEMBLY INFLATOR KIT)

If you have any more questions let me know.

#19 ·
can anyone check and see if mine is suppose to have it i know it was a rental before i got it. when i got the car i was stupid and didt check if it had all the faeutres of a 2010 malibut 1t should have. It doesnt have bluetooth or xm satellite radio if i give my vun number can anyone look this up? i have lettering in my trunk i think its a bunch of number i herd someon saying that you can tell by the numbers. hope someone can help me

#22 ·
Mine is a 2010 LT, it was a rental before also. I have no On-star, Bluetooth, or XM. I was more aggravated about no Bluetooth than anything else, I have no remote start either, but it IS factory equipped for it, I just haven't had them program it. For the same money, I can have one installed that is linked to my Android instead of a remote.

#23 ·
Read the fine print on that system. It probably requires continuous cellular service in order to function.

#24 ·
Well, I figured it would be similar to what Onstar is doing now with there cell phone starting and what not, dunno though, it will be a while before i can afford either, got to get new tires before winter!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.