Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

subwoofer install

17K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  ATLMalibu 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed an aftermarket subwoofer in there new Malibu yet? I have not been able to find any custom sub boxes for the 08-09 yet. Any photos of advice would help.Thanks

#2 ·
I put the Infinity Basslink in mine. It fits nicely in the indents in the front of the trunk. The cargo net keeps it firmly in place. Granted, this is a powered subwoofer, but it's got plenty of bass for me.

I hear that JL Audio is working on a stealthbox for the Malibu ... no idea when that might be available, but it's certain to be $$$.

#6 ·
That's another positive for a powered subwoofer like the Infinity Basslink. You'd still tap it into the front and/or rear speaker wires, but they have various controls built into them so that you can change the crossover frequency, bass boost, etc., and a remote control for the gain. You can really get them to thump without an aftermarket head unit.

#7 ·
Yeah, I'm glad I went the way I did. I really like the stock head unit and I didn't want to lose my onstar abilities.

The only thing I don't like about the stock head unit is it doesn't display the FULL name of songs from XM. If you put a burned CD in, it will show the full name. Even when I hit the I button (information), it still cuts off the rest of the name from XM. And that ticks me off cause I would purchase more songs online if I could see their entire name.

#8 ·
I put 2x 12" Rockford Fosgate P3's in the trunk. Again, I had to run a converter off the rear speakers. The deck is really clean looking and I didn't want to put an aftermarket deck in there and mess up the look of the car. Since I didn't run any kind of base control. I actually mounted the amp and the cap to the driver side rear passenger seat so I can just drop the seat down and adjust it right there on the Amp as needed. Seems to work fine.

I'll tell you what tho, it really found alot of rattles in the car in just a little over 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.