Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jump Start

13K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  08MalibuLeaser 
#1 ·
This seems to be the only forum I can find for the new 08 Malibu. We need to get some post going here. Just bought our Black Granite LTZ last week.

Also looked at the Honda Accord and definitely preferred the Malibu.

#2 ·
Same here, this is the only 08 Malibu forum I have found.
My wife has a Navy LTZ with the brick and Ebony interior.
Very few LTZs in Iowa for us to look at and it took a long time before we found a LTZ to test drive. Ordered ours from the local dealer and it is the only one they have been able to get so far.

#4 ·
The Malibu hasnt been true to its namesake for some time now since it first came out really. not only did they meet the nnow segment benchmark Camry as well as the accords features and options. We out did them. This is a drivers car, classy look and style and pizazz in the cabin. The most original mod-size car on the market right now. and with a six speed 3.6 Cadi engine along with two tone inteiro in the LTz, all under $30,000?! how could you possibly go wrong. BEAUTIFUL. and btw did someone say hybrid?

#6 ·
they could of done better with a full out version such as the prius, a two mode on an already extremely fuel efficient four cylinder isnt a big change. It does help though both with improved fuel economy and emissions. The primary thing to look at is how small the premium is to add the electric component. Its verrryyyy cheap especially if you have a tax credit in your state or province.

#7 ·
Three time (modern-gen) Malibu owner here. I started out with a 97 Malibu base w/V6. Lots of issues with that one. Later we stepped into a 2004 Malibu LT V6 (everything but OnStar). That was a good one, with only a replacement electric power steering unit required. Excellent fuel economy from the 3.5L pushrod V6 w/4 speed automatic too!

Lately though, I'm the daily driver of a beautiful 2008 Malibu LTZ. The 3.6L DOHC has tons of power, but still returns good fuel economy if driven judiciously (though not the same as the 3.5 in the prior car). A much more refined and stylish vehicle than either of the others were too. It's like driving something that should've cost $35k!

#8 ·
I suppose this is as good a spot as any to introduce myself. Im from Bristol, Pa. and purchased our Red Jewel LTZ back in November. We didn't receive it until Mid-January. The wife is loving it and I must say I'm quite impressed.

We were told our wait was longer than usual because of the unforseen demand on the 6 cylinder engines. Anuone else hear anything about this?

#10 ·
3/17/08 ordered a 2LT Dark Grey w/ Black interior. Options: 3.6L, Premium Audio, Sunroof, Body Side Moldings. Anticipated delivery 5 weeks +/- 2 weeks.

The dealer did say they only had one special order allocation for an LT with a V6 but he didn't mention what time frame that was over. I figured he was just trying to quickly close the deal.

I live SE Michigan and this is my first GM car.

#11 ·
It took approx two months to get our LTZ. Another customer ordered a 2LT with V6 one week after us and the order was not filled. They were able to do a dealer trade to get a V6 Malibu for the customer. I was in the shop today and they just received a base model 4 cyl. It sounded like that was the last Malibu for the year for them.

#13 ·
Thanks for the info Lee. Sounds like it would be a good idea for me to call the dealer in a couple of days and make sure the factory accepted the order and validate they can in fact build it.

#14 ·
I ordered a Dark Gray/ebony interior 2LT 4 cyl w/Moonroof and Premium sound on Feb 19. Last week they told me GM put a hold on building the 2LT's. They happened to be getting in the same car but in Black Granite with my same options plus the Power Pack and Premium Mats. I signed the paperwork on Saturday, and am just waiting for it to get off the truck and get tinted......I'M TIRED OF WAITING!!!!:eek:

#23 ·
I will make sure not to roast the twins too much LOL :)
This is going to sound like a stupid question and I havent had a chance to go back and try - how do you fold down the center back seat to make the small armrest table for the rear passengers - is there a latch somewhere?

#24 ·
This is going to sound like a stupid question and I havent had a chance to go back and try - how do you fold down the center back seat to make the small armrest table for the rear passengers - is there a latch somewhere?
I have CRS, Can't Remember Shit :) I can't remember a arm rest in the back seat, I'll have to look at my wife's car tonight.

BTW, welcome to the site and hope you enjoy your new Malibu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.