Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

car icon in drivers information center?

6K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  nutcrunch 
#1 ·
I have noticed small blue car icon flashing in the DIC at the bottom of screen.
What does that mean? The mileage and compass go ouit and small car icon appears. Might mean something to do with traffic report. Anyone else notice this?

#2 ·
Moved from the Autoguide support section, which is for when you need help with the site.

#8 ·
It only appears when there are taillights in front of you, you can push the button on the steering wheel for the forward collision alert to adjust when (how close) or if it even comes on.

And the Nitrogen is a dealer installed option.

#9 ·
And the Nitrogen is a dealer installed option.
And a huge money maker for a dealership. Compressed Air is roughly 78 percent nitrogen, just under 21 percent oxygen, and the rest is water vapor,

Rather than pay extra for nitrogen, most drivers would be better off buying an accurate tire pressure gauge and checking and adjusting their tire pressures regularly.
JMHO,

Tre'

#10 ·
The dealers around me include Nitrogen with free top-offs and flushes for life on the vehicle (not the tire). Thats been standard for the last 3 cars I've purchased.

#11 ·
I replaced my tires and got nitrogen as part of the package. Now I just gotta set an appointment to have my headlight fluid topped off and my muffler filter replaced.

;) :) :D

#12 ·
At first I was skeptical of the Nitrogen, but Ill give it that it doesn't drop way down in the cold. It was 36* here the other night and they were still rocking at 30 were I normally have them. Now as for the gas saving capabilities... that Im unsure of the overall "benefits" that they claim.

#13 ·
They probably say it saves gas by keeping the tires inflated to the proper psi better than regular air.

The dealer tried charging me some ridiculous price for nitrogen with lifetime fill ups. No thanks. There is a guage built into the car to tell me the tire pressures. When they get a little low I'll just stick some free air into them and be on my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.