Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No power to mirrors

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Rodents 
#1 ·
I checked the fuse and it's fine. I still have no power. Please help. I'm guessing it's the switch...how hard is it to change?

#2 ·
Re: no power to mirrors

Posted in wrong section... moved...

#3 ·
I'd start by making sure the fuse has 12 volts at it with a test light or meter. If it does you need to check the red wire with a white stripe at the harness side of the mirror switch for 12 volts, again test light or meter. Might have a broken wire in the pass through to the door, more likely than a switch. Really need to make sure ground is good as well, so with your test equipment of choice go from the black wire to the red/white wire and the test light should light or meter indicate 12 volts. Mirror switch is in the bezel where the windows switches are right? If that's right, then that bezel just pops out. There's a tab at the forward? edge of the bezel, take a small screwdriver and depress the tab and the bezel comes out. Service information says to remove the door panel and squeeze the tabs but I think the bezel comes out the way I said. I could be wrong so don't muscle it, if it doesn't come out fairly easily, pull the door panel and doit that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.