Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a lot of '13 owners!

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  tomd667 
#1 ·
I'm going to have to tweet this site out! :)

#2 ·
Yeah the malibu forums here are kind of slow compared to the Altima and Accord forums. Fortunately, I don't see the Malibu owners here having a lot of problems like are currently being experienced by 2013 Nissan Altima owners. It's like that car didn't even get tested before they released it!

#4 ·
The car has had several CVT (transmission) issues since it was released. One issue involved a massive jolt that would occur when decelerating under certain conditions.. it would destroy the transmission when it occurred. Nissan issued a recall and there is a software update that they do to fix the issue. The 3.5s have another CVT issue where the whole car shudders at times under moderate acceleration. This is still not fixed. Now the big issue is on the 2.5s, the serpentine belt is slipping and causing a lot of vibration under when lightly accelerating. Nissan has said they need to fabricate a new belt tensioner to fix the problem. Oh and the power steering pump whistles and you can hear it inside the car. If ever there was a car that you wanted to wait until the 2014 or 2015 model to buy.. the new Altima is it. Make sure you check the Altima forums before buying one! I have a rule where I will not buy any car in the first year of production. The new Altima is a good example of why. I do think the Malibu is much better. I don't see many issues on this forum, even though it is much less active than the foreign car forums.

#7 ·
I recommend the Accord. It's the best car in the mid-size segment by FAR to me.

#8 ·
I agree the new Accord is tough to beat. It has great back seat room, and although it uses a CVT, most reviews say that it feels much better than the Nissan CVT. I was browsing the Accord forums and the new model seems pretty free of issues unlike the disaster that is the 2013 Altima. I have been debating between getting a Malibu or an Accord.. still not decided but tending toward the Malibu for the regular 6 speed auto vs. CVT and quieter interior.

#11 ·
It is true that the Accord does have more road noise than it's competitors. All 2013 Accords use Active Noise Cancellation (using the car's speakers), but it's a band-aid to mask poor sound insulation. It's all tradeoffs.. the Altima and Accord are lighter, but have more road noise, the Malibu is heavier, but quieter.. I see a small number of new Altimas on the streets where I live, but I see virtually no new Malibus..I've just seen 2 in the past 10 months and that is crazy. One 'new off the lot' car I see almost every day is the Kia Optima.. I saw 2 of those just yesterday, with temp tags like they just left the lot. People can't get enough of them around here. I still like the Malibu.. a quiet car is really important to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.