Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rear end damage

16K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Speed_Freak5150 
#1 · (Edited)
I was rear ended in my 2010 Malibu last night. I was at a stop light complete stop and the car behind me could not stop...said breaks did not work- in a 98 Honda Crv....anyway- he was probably going between 30-35mph...he hit me off center towards passenger side...bumper is trashed, trunk can not open and is bent up a bit, the passenger side break light is broken....the passenger side rear quarter panel may be bent a little
I have to make an appointment at the body shop....anyone think there will be frame damage?

#4 ·
I doubt that it will be a writeoff, from the sounds of it, its not that bad. replace the whoel bumper and the light and you may be good to go.

#5 ·
+1

Based on description, the damage will be around 4K~5K. The value of the car is around 12K.

Besides, I strongly disagree with posters here claiming that the car will never be same...That depends on who fixes your car and their argument could be valid if the impact was on the front.
Make sure the car is fixed by a Chevy Dealer's body shop.

#7 ·
i had a ford taurus that was rear ended at about 40-45km/h. only rear bumper damage, replaced, good as new. few months down the road, weird noises from all over the car while going over bumps or potholes and i was never able to get both rear tires to wear at the same pace again.
now, every incident is different, however, an impact like yours it is very likely to weaken the frames and all the nuts and bolts.
just because you don't see the damage doesn't mean it is not there. these frames are designed to absorb the shock, not to withstand heavy hits and look pretty. of course the car can still be on the road for the next 5 years, but it will NEVER freaking be the same as a car with no accident.

#10 ·
haha or trololol.

Its a statment that is often made, but sometimes it becomes a mind over matter thing. The reality is the bumper is made to withstand some impact, and without a picture it is hard to say. The best part about the arse end is that there is a lot less mechanical things to screw up like the front end.

Be interesting to see what insurance does, and also to get some photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.