Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Initial comparison 13 ECO Vs.2LTZ

5K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  mzodarg 
#1 ·
Only had the LTZ for a day but here is the inital comparison of the two since i owned the eco (loaded) and Traded it for the LTZ.

1. The stereo functionality is completely different my eco had NAV and so does the LTZ. But most menu items are different. If there is an SD card with Maps on the LTZ, it's in a different location than the ECO.

2. Love the push start in the LTZ, had it in my Cruze.

3. The suspension seems to be stiffer and more responsive.

4. The power difference is night and day. I'd rather have it and not need need it, then need it and not have it. Loving it!

5. I put roughly 45 miles on her yesterday, the DIC Average mpg is 24.9 Haven't hammered the throttle yet. I choose to use 91 octane (for future mods), first one was on the dealer.

6. Rear back up camera appears to be different, eco was clearer. In all fairness I have yet to see if there is any enhancement software features.

7. The LTZ LEDs are way sexy, also love the 19" rims.

8. I hear more road noise in the LTZ, I'm thinking that is because of the tire difference. LTZ has 19 low profile tires.

9. Cant recall if my eco had HID lighting, but I'm pleased with LTZ night time visibility.

10. The Front grill on the LTZ is a silver/gray color, eco was black. Not sure which one I like better. i do know that I absolutely hate the Mattel size bowtie on the front. I'm Hoping an aftermarket Co. will make and insert so I can get it removed.

11. Same observation I had on the eco, the back seat leg room is terrible. 95% of the time I have no passengers, but damn.

12. I have a spare now instead of a can of fix a flat and the trunk space is huge in comparison.

That's it for now,

Tre'

See less See more
#2 ·
I wonder if your camera lens is dirty if it isn't as clear.
The Eco is not available with HID.
I believe all LTZ Malibus have came with silver grills while the non LTZ had black. A couple of people on here have put a vinyl overlay or painted their bowtie the same color as their car to make it stand out less.

#3 ·
POIDH

Pics or it didn't happen! ;)

Congrats on the upgrade to something you'll enjoy more for longer!

#4 ·
I'm sure you probably already noticed and overlooked posting it here, but the LTZ also has turn signal indicators in the mirrors which the Eco doesn't have.

#5 ·
Pics or it didn't happen!
http://www.chevymalibuforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11621

Nutcrunch thanks for pionting the signals out, I knew it had them but since I can't see them when I'm driving I failed to mention them.

No the lens is not dirt, and it doesnt have a scratch plastic protector on it. I also checked the set up today, the manual say's there is diaganol direction for the camera. The feature is not avalable in setup, per the manual. Hmmm.

I have some carbon fiber (vinyl) white diamond in color, I may brake out the ezacto knife and cover the bowties .

Tre'

#7 ·
I, too, find the front emblem detracts a bit.
Your kinder then me, I think it looks like pure sh!t. It's like Hey look it's a Chevy to the car in front of you that's 1/2 mile away.

Hope the aftermarket comes up with something, I'd like to see something inovative that debages it.

Tre'

#12 ·
Day 2 observation:

Car went in for detail, tint, mudflaps and software updates.
I had a rear passenger side window that had a deep scratch in, dealer replaced the window.

1. Dealer contacted GM customer service and opened a case on the rear camera issue. I should know more today.

2. Car looks sweet with 20% tint.

3. Got my Engine tune from Trifecta and uploaded it. I was planning on tuning the ECO, but Vince agreed to work one up for my 2ltr turbo. He's got a Cadillac ATS that is putting out 320 HP/330tq, same engine, different intake and exhaust. My tune is more conservative at estimated 290 both sides. I have a perma Grin!!!

Tre'

#14 ·
Damn, 290HP off a tune, not shabby at all. These turbos can probably do 300hp easy though as well. Down the line if you spend big money to upgrade the exhaust and intake then you'd be right on par with that Cadillac ATS........:) I'm shooting for a tint, ptm bowties and cross-drilled rotors for my near future upgrades. Further down the line I'll get some 20in black rims on her and get a beefier amp installed with a sub to complement those pioneer speakers proper.

#15 ·
The guy tuning my BU has an ATS puting down 320hp/330 tq. Im good with what he gave me for now. I would like for injen to make a CIA or an SRI and someone to fab up a less restrictive down pipe so it can breath better.

Mine only has 200 miles on the clock so I'm pushing it but not to hard yet.

Tre'

#16 ·
Update on the tune and MPG. Ive driven 150 miles (all in the city),since uploading the tune and my MPG according to the DIC is 19.7. I'll be able to tell better once I fill up and manually calculate it.

I've been driving normal most of the time with a couple of interstate blasts over 120.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.