Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

iPhone Bluetooth Commands

12K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Setnev 
#1 · (Edited)
This is something that i noticed recently with my new car and was wondering if it is an issue with my phone or my car.

My wife and I both have iPhone 4's. They sync up to] bluetooth just fine, sometimes it takes a bit for it to sync my phone but when I plug it into USB or make a call, it syncs instantly. That isn't a concern of mine as much as voice dial with nametags wont work. I have my wife programmed by her first name. I hold the Call button for 2 seconds, tell her to dial, it confirms our phone, then if I say "Dial Crystal", the voice prompt keeps asking "Pardon" or "Did you say dial [random number]?" or even flat out cancels my commands. My phone does it as well as my wife's phone. Our phones are identical, running the latest firmware (iOS 5.1), and set with the same settings. When I go to Bluetooth Settings on the phone and select "My Chevy", the only option I get it "Forget Device", so I am at a loss. Is it our phones or is it the car? The car is only a week and a half old and I am using it as directed by the owners manual.

#2 ·
then if I say "Dial Crystal", the voice prompt keeps asking "Pardon" or "Did you say dial [random number]?" or even flat out cancels my commands.
Is it our phones or is it the car?
That part is in the car.
What about other stored entries......do they fail the same way?

Voice recognition is tricky stuff. Does it work or fail if your wife says "dial Crystal" ?

If it works for other entries and/or when your wife does it, then you might try naming that entry differently; there may just be a problem with the word Crystal and your voice.

Then again, there may be a problem with the Bluetooth/Onstar module too.
Some further testing will be needed.

#5 · (Edited)
It also doesn't matter who talks to the "lady trapped in the car", it fails, but as you said, it could because I haven't transferred my phonebook to the car, which I am lost on how to do.

I think that is probably the key.......since the OP didn't specifically state that he had stored any numbers IN THE CAR ITSELF.

Without doing that extra step, you won't access what you have stored in the phone.
Yes, exactly, I have not done this and cannot find in the owner's manual how to do it.

#3 ·
I have a blackberry but when I want to call I have too options.

Both start with holding the bluetooth button until the lady trapped in my car says ready.

Option 1:

For numbers I call regularly I just say Call _____. I had to take some time to use the bluetooth settings to put in their names and numbers but works like a charm and saves some time

Option 2:

"Bluetooth"

she replies Bluetooth ready

"Voice"

one moment please

then I get my blackberry voice software, and I don't have to wait for the annoying beeps I can just say what I want right away.

As I said I don't have an apple product but I would think that it would work the same way...so maybe you have not programmed your numbers into the car yet?

#7 ·
If you say bluetooth and than options it will give you a guide to save phone numbers. It'll take some time, but makes life a lot easier for frequently called numbers.

#8 ·
It is not the phone or the car. You just have to give the right commands. You can't "Dial" Crystal, you have to "Call" Crystal. The "Dial" command is reserved for entering a number to dial, giving the entire number at once. "Digit Dial" is used to enter a number, one at a time, with each number verified individually.

#9 ·
Good call, Motogergie! I had forgotten those details. (Pun intended... ;))

When using BT and dialing or calling from the car, you're using the car's phone minutes, not the cellphone's.

#11 ·
Oops, you're right! Good catch.

When calling from the car without BT you're using the car's minutes.

When calling and using BT you're using the cell phone's minutes.

#12 ·
Yes that is correct. I don't have any minutes on the car phone, but I will try to use the "Call" command vs "Dial" and see if that makes any difference.

#13 ·
Using Bluetooth with Iphone 6 GPS

I have a 2010 Malibu LT.

I usually sync my phone with Bluetooth then use the phone GPS to play the turn by turn thru the radio speaker. After every navigation command given by the Iphone, the car adds "Call Ended".

How can I turn off the annoying "Call Ended" command coming from the car system?

Thanks...Bob

#14 ·
Thanks for raising my old post from the dead. The only to remove the "Call Ended" command is to remove the lady trapped in your car. I got sick of not having A2DP functionality from my Bluetooth so I ripped her out and put in an aftermarket NAV deck that gave me everything I had and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.