Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2009 Malibu

38K views 54 replies 29 participants last post by  DrivenDaily 
#1 ·
#10 ·
2009 pricing must be just around the corner...

I'm antsy and I've been keeping an eye on Dealerworld for pricing details. As of today, they've uploaded pricing for the 2009 Aveo and Colorado. A few days ago there were no 2009 models listed. Hopefully the Malibu pricing will be available soon.

Wow, I'm officially a nerd.

#25 ·
Went and test drove a 4 cylinder 6 speed LTZ last night and loved it. Sticker rates it at 22 city 32 hwy.

I want the car but since there are no incentives for leasing it I will just wait for the 2009's to come out with the bluetooth and the new 4 cyl 6 speed transmission in the 2LT's. I kind of like the all black interior better than the 2 tone on the LTZ.

#33 ·
Mine is an '09 and I love the bluetooth. I do wish it had the side marker lights.

#34 ·
I heard somewhere (Sorry, forgot the link) the reason the side lamps were deleted and power pedals removed was because the car's wiring couldn't handle the Bluetooth, the Side Lamps, and power pedals. Just what I heard, not proven.

However I know that Epsilon I is limited in what it can do since GM cheaped out on it's development. Explains why we can't get a rear armrest or navigation system. Still they did an excellent job with so little they had to work with.

#39 ·
Other than that being a joke someone made snidely...so not true. Bluetooth has nothing to do with anything, as it's just another feature in the Onstar sytem. And the side lamps and power pedals are also nada with issues.

The reason the side markers and power pedals went away was to of course save money on items GM believe not that many people truly cared about or noticed, AND in the case of the side markers so the Malibu didn't share yet another piece with the Aura. For 2009, the Aura has kept the side markers--and Saturn reps were proud of that vs. the Chevy apparently in dealer training for 2009's--while they're gone from the Malibu. Aside from the money thing (though, obviously, this is a cheap oh cheap trinket), it was a great little feature and should have stayed.

#36 ·
To be honest, I'm glad I got the '08 LTZ.
Agreed. I've been very happy with my '08 LTZ. I think the side repeater lamps are a nice feature--especially when attempting lane changes in traffic and on the expressway. I feel safer knowing they're there (not to mention that they just look cool!).

BTW, does anyone know how one would go about replacing the lamps in them?

#38 ·
Yes, SO much better, and now what should have been all the time--as the fleet LS V6 models had these silver painted 1LT wheels from the start. The 16" wheels never looked right, but nice improvement now.

#43 ·
I agree, my wife is very short and this feature allows her to set the seat back a more comfortable distance from the airbag and steering wheel. I feel the safety is enhanced by doing this. For me, this was a primary sales feature but I understand that for other it may not be.

#46 ·
When we got the car I adjusted the pedals, and sense we have the same inseam, have not touched them again. To me it is a good option as we can fit the car to us.

#47 ·
We take advantage of them too, since my wife likes to be closer to the wheel. She slides the seat up, pedals as far away as possible. I like a bit more space (longer arms), so I slide the seat back, pedals toward me a little bit. A nice thing about the Av that I really liked was that the pedals were included in the seat memory settings. So when we used our keyfobs to unlock, the pedals, seat, and mirrors all went to our stored settings- no tweaking the controls on driver switches.

#51 ·
I am glad that I have the 08. I will say that I have not touched the power pedals and neither has my wife. I do like the side markers though and I am glad that I got the only year that has them.

#53 ·
hi everyone.
I have my chevy Malibu 09, and I have some noise when I turned my steering wheel when the car is not driving.
one of mechanic told me that its steering wheel bearing,
so maybe someone can tell me where this bearing located or maybe somebody sent a pictures how is looked?
thanks a lot!!!

#54 ·
What engine do you have? Believe it or not, that will determine if you have hydraulic or electric PS.

#55 ·
Please post your info here rather than sending a PM...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.