Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

08 2LT Radio Buttons Stopped Working / Bluetooth Up grade possible?

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ChevyMgr 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I bought my 08 Bu as a new left over from the dealer about a month ago. Two of my factory 6 disc changer buttons have stopped working. Ironically they are the two buttons that allow you to move through songs on CD's.

So I will be taking it into the dealer, I am sure they are going to replace the headunit, so on to my question. Since I have the 2LT could I buy the Bluetooth radio and will it work in my car? If bluetooth will not work, would the headunit with the USB option be compatible?

I have the full steering wheel controls etc. so I cannot logically understand what else would be required besides the head unit to make it work, however information on the system is very sparse and limited to 09's so if anyone can share some insight I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

#2 ·
We've debated this in other threads without anyone actually trying to get the dealer to do it. I want to do the same thing, but not for replacement due to defect, just to add the USB. If they say they wont do it under warranty see if they'd do it for a cost, and if so what that cost is and please report back here. We'd like to know.

#3 ·
Doh,

After two days buttons started working again. Will have to wait a bit longer and see if problem reoccurs.

#4 ·
Having the exact same issue on my '08 factory head. Those two buttons intermittently don't work (actually about 50% of startups). My "i" info button and the music notes button sometimes don't work either (almost always). Next oil change I'm counting on them not working and getting a warranty replacement.

#5 ·
Bluetooth is not part of the radio. It is a part of OnStar. GM does not offer any upgrade for bluetooth. Here is their latest bulletin concerning contacting them about doing an upgrade.

#PIT4864: Adding Bluetooth Option RPO UPF - keywords accessories accessory add battery blue blue-tooth body cal calibration factory gen7 gen8 generation heat nav navigation non nonapproved oem onstar options - (May 5, 2009)

Subject: Adding Bluetooth Option RPO UPF

Models: 2007-2010 All Passenger Car and Trucks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition/Concern:
Technical assistance has received several calls from dealers requesting assistance to upfit their vehicle to include the Bluetooth feature RPO UPF.

Recommendation/Instructions:
There are no provisions to up-fit vehicles with this option. This feature is ONLY available on vehicles built with option UPF or offered within an equipment option group (i.e LTZ or SLE type package). Please do not call Technical Assistance, PARTECH or Techline Customer Support Centers with questions on how to add this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.