Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaking Transmission Fluid...

20K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Chevrolet Customer Svc 
#1 ·
Hi Folks,

Taking my car back into the dealership tomorrow. Have a new problem.. Leaking transmission fluid.. today was coming home from work on a warmer than usual day, parked my car in the driveway and then went in for 20 minutes before getting the Mrs to go grocery shopping and my car had about 1/2 a quart of fluid on the driveway. The red stuff.. 3 months of ownership and 3500 miles later I've had four issues with this car which makes owning it very unsafe with a kid on the way..

Car has been in the shop collectivly for two weeks for the followng:

• Transmision Not Shifting Gears
  • Heated Seats stopped working
  • Leaking Gasoline
  • New Issue: Transmission Fluid Leaking at fast rate..

So far I am pretty disappointed with this car. I traded my other vehicle in for these problems? The ownership experience has been less than stellar. Bought it brand new.. I hope they can man up and fix the problem. At this point I couldn't imagine what the new problem is, cracked housing, bad gasket, bad pump.. I understand things happen and thats why we have warranties for that reason but man it's starting to test my patience..

Having to take work off to drop the car off and pick it up.. explaining to my boss I have to come into work later as a result..

Where is Michele at? Perhaps she can have them waive payments or do something for me. I don't know after driving GM vehicles for the last 13 years if I want another one. Last 4 I've had been nothing but lemons.. this one starting to taste sour too...

See less See more
#2 ·
Update: Dropped off to dealer this morning, dealer denied me a rental. Said they don't have any even though I count 4 of them sitting on the lot not accounted for. They asked why I didn't call ahead, I told them that it just happened yesterday "AFTER" they closed. He (service rep) then asked why it was leaking I told him that I didn't know and I noticed it yesterday and that they worked on it a week ago to replace a solenoid.

Kinda pissed off that they would think I would inflict damage to my own vehicle (that's the feeling I got from them). Like I really like going to the dealership every week for new problems..

#4 ·
I just had a transmission leak fixed. It turned out to be that my transmission cooler line/hose burst. Not under warranty, of course.... but it was an inexpensive fix for me... thank goodness!

#5 ·
Update: Dealer called, said my car is ready. I asked what the issue was, he said a bolt on the pan was quarter of a turn off (they took the pan off last time to correct silonoid) and then "loosened" up according to them and that was what caused the leak.. They tightened things up and topped the fluids off.

World's worst oversight ever from the last service visit.

#6 · (Edited)
Glad to hear that they have corrected it! Pretty sad that you had to take time off work and lose money! I truly understand since I can’t count how many trips to the Dealership for me since I owned this car!

Just to give you heads - up, If the job is big enough and is in the shop for at least 3 days, GM Has to pay for a rental! So don’t let them even try to give you this crap if the car is in for at least 3 days Or longer! It is part of your Warranty!

Next time keep GM's Number with you and call if needed!

Good luck!

#8 ·
And since the issue was caused by the dealership, they have a special program where they can provide you with a loaner or rental vehicle just to keep the customer service level high. They lied to you, plain and simple.

#10 ·
Mexelby,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the latest news on your Malibu. I apologize that you have had to experience this type of work from the dealership. However, I am glad to read that they were able to resolve the leak for you.

In the future, don’t hesitate to contact me if you have questions or concerns.

I hope that you have a great Friday and a fantastic weekend!

Michelle P., Chevrolet Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.