Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malibu prewired for phone? What does this mean?

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  MrRichRod 
#1 ·
Prolly a really silly question... what does the "prewired for phone" mean? I understand it means wiring for a phone is in place (assumption) but where? why?

#3 · (Edited)
It means that you can pair your phone to the radio using Bluetooth wireless technology. Once paired, you can make and answer calls hands-free using the controls on your steering wheel. There is a microphone on the ceiling that picks up your voice and the voice of the caller is heard through the entertainment system. When you answer a call, whatever you are listening on the entertainment system is automatically muted and you will hear the phone ring. It works pretty neat.

#5 ·
I believe ClothSeats to be correct. If you have the option it's already built in. The instructions for pairing a Bluetooth enabled phone are in the owners manual. However, if your car is not equipped the steering wheel still has the same buttons.

I don't like that when you're using the Bluetooth and Turn-By-Turn navigation through On-Star at the same time, that people on the phone can hear your next direction. Almost got me in trouble one time. :D Ha! Ha!

#6 ·
Ha Ha I agree with the blue tooth and onstar being annoying I tried to shut the directions off and acidently hung up on my mother oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.